Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Willy's Mexicana Grill

3 posts in this topic

I need to eat out today for lunch and the only place in the food court that looks remotely safe is Willy's Mexicana Grill. I have tried to call Corporate but have not heard back. The local shop manager was not too helpful or interested.

Anyone know anything about this place? I used to eat there pre-Celiac but have not been back since.

Thanks!

Ads by Google:

I've never eaten there, but found their website. There is no mention of gluten-free, even in their menu section. Unless you can recieve a response from their Corporate office or someone who's had experience with them, I don't know if I'd consider it safe (yet). I don't know if you'd want to make the trip out there to find out if they can cater to your dietary needs.

http://www.willysmexicanagrill.com/

Gretchen

Well I spoke to someone in corporate and it seems that they MAY have some items that are gluten free, but I'll need to stop into the local shop during off hours to read some labels.

One note in their favor the meats are all fresh and marinated on premisis with marinades and rubs they make which sound safe. Clearly more research is needed, but it sounds hopeful.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• IM SO SCARED
      Do you have your results back yet?
    • gluten-free...how long til I feel better?
      Hi there, I do not have celiac but am trying a gluten-free diet to see if it alleviates any of my symptoms. I Know that with celiac, it can take months on a gluten-free diet to really see/feel any change, but was told that if it is only a sensitivity, that you should feel results rather quickly (within days). This was per my dr (MD). Can anyone share their experience with Non Celiac Gluten Sensitivity and time to feeling better on a gluten-free diet? Thanks!
    • Gluten does WHAT to the brain?
      I get so frustrated!  My friend's mom is 67...there has to be a reason for this.  And all she says is, they have no idea how she can be in end stage liver disease!   Anyway, I'm doing ok.  I got cc'd on vacation which stunk.  I had forgotten how terrible it feels.  Ugh!  The good news is that my vitamin D level is finally moving up...not inching.  It increased by 3 points in the last 6 months.  Previously, it was inching with increases of .5 or .6.  So I'm pleased that I'm absorbing better. Bartie's passing really shook me up.  This disease is a scary thing as so many people go undiagnosed for so long.  Then other people have disappeared from the board(nvsmom), who were huge contributors and I worry that they aren't doing well.  But I am a worrier. How are you?
      Thanks for your kind words about my brother, Icelandgirl.  So nice to hear from you again.    Yes, this is what drives me crazy the most....people with obvious and potentially life threatening symptoms like diarrhea with severe dehydration.  I had that at the point when I was diagnosed but it wasn't the doctor's who suggested a Celiac panel, it was me.  I mean, WTF is wrong with them?  People do not have severe diarrhea and dehydration from mild problems.  Celiac is no longer an unheard of condition, gluten free is everywhere. And, don't even get me started on why so many people are developing Dementia and Alzheimer's today.  My father has Dementia and is at home with round the clock care. He has the body shape, like I did, of a classic Celiac. Bloated belly and stick arms and legs. My family will not have him tested, either.  They treat me like I am a crazy loon over that one.  I do not think he will make a miraculous recovery on the gluten-free diet but it could make his remaining time more comfortable.  When I bring him food, it is always gluten free and he cannot tell the difference.  He loved the gluten-free muffins I brought him and it made me sad to think I am the only one who cares.  Honestly, life is such a trial at times and it's because of difficult people who are afraid of change. How are you doing?
      Gemini...I'm so sorry about your brother.  (((Hugs))) It's just awful...I too have relatives that I believe have celiac.  One uncle is deteriorating...and in and out of the hospital.  He hasn't been tested for celiac and no one wants to hear it.   I also have a friend whose mom has been diagnosed with early onset alzheimers and end stage kidney disease.  She's not a drinker at all.  This is after surviving breast and lung cancer and she's never smoked.  Last year she was in the hospital with severe diarrhea and dehydration.  Has she been tested?  No.  I've talked to my friend and she says she doesn't think she'd go gluten free anyway. Sigh...it makes me so sad.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Jmg  »  admin

Hello Admin!
      I don't know whether this is of interest to post on your articles feed:
      http://pratt.duke.edu/about/news/window-guts-brain
      Kind Regards,
      Matt
      · 2 replies
    • celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Chris O