2 replies to this topic

#1 hapi2bgf

hapi2bgf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:36 AM

I need to eat out today for lunch and the only place in the food court that looks remotely safe is Willy's Mexicana Grill. I have tried to call Corporate but have not heard back. The local shop manager was not too helpful or interested.

Anyone know anything about this place? I used to eat there pre-Celiac but have not been back since.

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GEF

GEF

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:44 AM

I've never eaten there, but found their website. There is no mention of gluten-free, even in their menu section. Unless you can recieve a response from their Corporate office or someone who's had experience with them, I don't know if I'd consider it safe (yet). I don't know if you'd want to make the trip out there to find out if they can cater to your dietary needs.

http://www.willysmexicanagrill.com/

Gretchen

#3 hapi2bgf

hapi2bgf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:55 AM

Well I spoke to someone in corporate and it seems that they MAY have some items that are gluten free, but I'll need to stop into the local shop during off hours to read some labels.

One note in their favor the meats are all fresh and marinated on premisis with marinades and rubs they make which sound safe. Clearly more research is needed, but it sounds hopeful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: