13 replies to this topic

#1 skinnyminny

skinnyminny

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:52 AM

This has been going on now for several months and I know I need to get it checked out but it doesnt hurt too bad and I dont trust doctors still since 5 years ago I had a horrible experience trying to get diagnosed... my doctor refused to test me for the condition and told me I could not live the rest of my life on a diet free og gluten..

Anyways my stomach is making horrible noises and its everyday.. its not a growl but it occurs about 2-3 hours after I have eaten its like if I breath out hard or suck in alittle it makes this noises like its about to eat me! It just happened this morning when I had eaten a good breakfast of scrambled eggs, with lactose free cheese, grits and a tangerine.. which is a hearty breakfast but just 2 hours later my tummy is rolling and its high on the left side right under my ribs.. It tends to happen more closer to my period but the location of it makes no sense in relation to my menstration. If someone has an idea of what this could be let me know.. my mom always encourages me to eat something when it does it and when I does it quiets it almost as imediate as the first bite.. this is so strange please help!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sunshinen

sunshinen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 11:07 AM

More than likely it's just your food working it's less than smooth way through the digestive track. I go through phases where this happens, and my period definitely affects my GI system. You might want to try some digestive enzymes when you eat and eat smaller meals more frequently.
Gluten-Free since February 2006

#3 marciab

marciab

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:44 PM

This is what I did when I first started having trouble with eggs. I could eat eggs every 3 days and be fine, but I was miserable if I tried to eat them every day.

But, it could also be any of the foods you are eating. We are all different.

Marcia
Jan 1990 - Dx CFS/ME/FM (URI's, Ataxia, myoclonus, orthostatic hypotension, insomnia, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat... ) Completely Disabled (housebound and bedridden at times)

2004 - Digestive pain all the time.

May 2004 - Hiatal hernia, erosive gastritis, gastroparesis (endoscopy)
August 2004 - Colon polyps, diverticulitus, internal hemorrhoids (colonoscopy)

No relief from Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Zelnorm, Miralax, Imodium, Lomotil ...
July 2005 - GP recommended WFDFSFEFCF + vegan (Also, anything that hurts free)
Immediately stopped needing naps and digestive pain reduced.

Sept 2005 - GFDFCFSFEF + chemical free - Immediately stopped feeling jittery / buzzing and digestive issues were much better.

June 2006 - Dx B12 and iron deficient. Started B12 injections and using cast iron pan.

August 2006 - MYOCLONUS GONE. (off Klonopin)
September 2006 - ATAXIA, INSOMNIA and Feeling like the floor was moving under my feet gone.

June 19, 2007 - Positive DQ2, Dx Celiac

October 2007 - Sleeping like a baby, waking up with energy, but still having fatigue/stamina issues

Nov 2007 - Started Paleo diet for chronic hypoglycemia

April 2008 - GTT normal. I'm no longer hypoglycemic. Started Low oxalate diet for kidney stones.

May 1, 2008 - Began salt loading for OI/NMH - noticed immediately muscle weakness was gone. I was sodium deficient but my labs don't reflect it. Still working on OI and PEM.

#4 Felidae

Felidae

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:50 PM

Before I when I was eating gluten, my stomach (or gi tract) made noises like that constantly. But, since being gluten-free my system is silent.
Tapioca intolerant
First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease
Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.
Gluten-free since June 2005
Dx with IBS February 2005
Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

#5 lorka150

lorka150

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:15 PM

maybe you are casein intolerant instead of lactose intolerant (assuming from the lactose-free cheese).
Gluten-free, Vegan

#6 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:27 AM

I agree, that was my first thought when reading your post, that it might be the cheese. Or the eggs. Meaning, you really need to try an elimination diet to figure this out.

I suggest that for the next two weeks to a month you try going completely dairy free (maybe even egg free as well). If the issue resolves, you have your answer. If you want to be sure, eat the offending food for a day to see if the symptoms return.

I know it's a bummer when you discover other intolerances that make your diet even more restricted, but there isn't much you can do about it.
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 luvs2eat

luvs2eat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:43 AM

I always described my stomach noises (pre-gluten-free) as wolverines trying to make thier way out of my intestines!! It didn't HURT... but it sure was noisy!!
luvs2eat
Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas
positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy
diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day
Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

#8 skinnyminny

skinnyminny

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 07:36 AM

It'd be hard to try casien free since its around christmas and I already find it hard to find things to eat but I guess its worth a try, my stomach doesnt hurt either its just a terrible noise, I was thinking it could have nothing to do with food Iv read somethin on here and other resources about colon spasms and it sorta sounds releated but I might try to eliminate the foods anyway and see if I have relief.

#9 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 07:40 AM

Whenever I eat something I'm intolerant to, my system makes these noises. It's like I can hear the food making it's way through my digestive system!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#10 tbs19

tbs19

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 05:11 PM

ive been wondering the same thing! ive been gluten free for about a year now, and i get the same noises at least for part of every day when i suck in or push out my stomach. it never happened before i was diagnosed.

??

#11 skinnyminny

skinnyminny

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 06:30 PM

wow !I thought I was the only one mine is when i suck in or blow out too, and also happens at least once a day! people think Im a freak and you wouldnt think you suck in or blow out too often durin a day but i feel sorta "empty" and can tell when it will do it before I even do it!

#12 codetalker

codetalker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 03:34 AM

I have the same problem. Usually in the morning but sometimes in the afternoon, my stomach can make very loud noises. It is a real problem if I am in a meeting at work. I've tracked it down to the combination of two things. First, it happens when there is nothing in my stomach. Second, it tends to be associated with stress. For instance, It happens mostly at work and rarely at home.

I can solve the problem by regular snacking. If I have a meeting, I simply eat a banana or some other piece of fruit and the problem is solved.

#13 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:01 AM

I used to have this. Then I found out I was allergic to eggs (severe), dairy and almonds. Gave those up and I rarely ever have a problem now. And when I do it is much less than it used to be. I was also diagnosed with GERD and possibly delayed stomach emptying due to diabetes. Guess I'll never know for sure since the test requires eating eggs.

#14 sonja69

sonja69

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:43 AM

I used to have it too. since going gluten-free, its better. I read that intolerances/sensitivities come along with water retention in the intestines and the movement of the water inside is making these noises.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: