2 replies to this topic

#1 es2443

es2443

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 08:57 PM

I'm not sure whether I even have a gluten related illness but I do know that a gluten free diet is for the most part helping my stomach problems. Lately, when my stomach hurts I notice I lose feeling in the back of my mouth. I know I can swallow and I can drink fine I just get a weird sensation. I haven't eaten anything with gluten for at least two weeks (sometimes I cheat bc I believe I'm just sensitive), and I'm starting to think gluten isnt even the problem. Does anyone get this numbness in their throat?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 pinktulip

pinktulip

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:35 AM

I'm not sure whether I even have a gluten related illness but I do know that a gluten free diet is for the most part helping my stomach problems. Lately, when my stomach hurts I notice I lose feeling in the back of my mouth. I know I can swallow and I can drink fine I just get a weird sensation. I haven't eaten anything with gluten for at least two weeks (sometimes I cheat bc I believe I'm just sensitive), and I'm starting to think gluten isnt even the problem. Does anyone get this numbness in their throat?

My acid reflux gave me chronic sore throat for about a month before I went back on the medication. Don't know if this helps but I know the acid was damaging.

#3 Jane2007

Jane2007

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:01 PM

Hi

I have had this numbness in my throat for a few weeks too, and also like you I don't know if I have am celiac - What I do know was it was diagnosed as Thrush - I take an inhaler for asthma which would contribute to this, however, I have been taken this type of medication for 15 years and it is only in recent weeks I have noticed the problem. It is quite a scary feeling so I can appreciate your alarm. I know Thrush is a yeast infection, don't know however if this is related to Celiac.
I shone a torch in my mouth a couple of weeks ago when the feeling of numbness was at its worst, and I have a lot of thickening, or hairy tongue right down the back of my throat, I got a tablet from my Doctor for it. Don't know if you have the same, but it is worth getting your doctor to have a look to see if you may need something. Also like the previous writer said acid reflux can cause soreness in that area as well.

Regards
J.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: