6 replies to this topic

#1 skipper30

skipper30

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:52 PM

Does any one out there suffer from VERY frequent skin peeling on their palms? Wondering if this could be another odd celiac connection??:wacko:

Thanks
Dallas
Mom to:
Riley 8 -Tourettes, OCD, ADHD
Cooper 6 -Celiac dx'ed Dec. 2005
Jake 4- Resolved Verbal Apraxia, Coordination disorder and Sensory Integration Disorder
Sutton 3- Speech issues and sensory integration disorder

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Can'tEvenEatRice!

Can'tEvenEatRice!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:18 PM

Does any one out there suffer from VERY frequent skin peeling on their palms? Wondering if this could be another odd celiac connection??:wacko:

Thanks
Dallas

Sometimes peeling skin on the palms can be a sign of strep. I had a student once who had a bad strep infection and her hands started to peel. But it could be another sign of Celiac because there seems to be so many!

#3 marciab

marciab

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:24 PM

My hands peel from every dish soap except Dawn non ultra. Palmolive is the worst for me ...

Marcia
Jan 1990 - Dx CFS/ME/FM (URI's, Ataxia, myoclonus, orthostatic hypotension, insomnia, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat... ) Completely Disabled (housebound and bedridden at times)

2004 - Digestive pain all the time.

May 2004 - Hiatal hernia, erosive gastritis, gastroparesis (endoscopy)
August 2004 - Colon polyps, diverticulitus, internal hemorrhoids (colonoscopy)

No relief from Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Zelnorm, Miralax, Imodium, Lomotil ...
July 2005 - GP recommended WFDFSFEFCF + vegan (Also, anything that hurts free)
Immediately stopped needing naps and digestive pain reduced.

Sept 2005 - GFDFCFSFEF + chemical free - Immediately stopped feeling jittery / buzzing and digestive issues were much better.

June 2006 - Dx B12 and iron deficient. Started B12 injections and using cast iron pan.

August 2006 - MYOCLONUS GONE. (off Klonopin)
September 2006 - ATAXIA, INSOMNIA and Feeling like the floor was moving under my feet gone.

June 19, 2007 - Positive DQ2, Dx Celiac

October 2007 - Sleeping like a baby, waking up with energy, but still having fatigue/stamina issues

Nov 2007 - Started Paleo diet for chronic hypoglycemia

April 2008 - GTT normal. I'm no longer hypoglycemic. Started Low oxalate diet for kidney stones.

May 1, 2008 - Began salt loading for OI/NMH - noticed immediately muscle weakness was gone. I was sodium deficient but my labs don't reflect it. Still working on OI and PEM.

#4 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:49 AM

I would get peeling hands and just found out that it is from a yeast infection. Some ointment seems to have solved the problem.
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

#5 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:51 AM

I know someone who gets fungal infections on their skin. The only sign of this is that their skin peels badly.
~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

#6 2Boys4Me

2Boys4Me

Ty & me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:47 AM

Could it be Psoriasis?
Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)
Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05
biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05
Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

#7 skipper30

skipper30

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:10 PM

I am wondering if it is ezecma or psorisis. My husband and his mother both suffer from psorisis. It is our olderst son(6) and they have been doing this off and on for a few years now. He is in a peeling cycle now and I am afraid he is going to pick at them them until they bleed or get infected. It seems worse right now than it has been.
I just need to spend the $ for the copay to have the ped tell me to take him to a dermatoligist(sp?). I just hate the run around to get to where I need to be in the first place? Ya know!?
Mom to:
Riley 8 -Tourettes, OCD, ADHD
Cooper 6 -Celiac dx'ed Dec. 2005
Jake 4- Resolved Verbal Apraxia, Coordination disorder and Sensory Integration Disorder
Sutton 3- Speech issues and sensory integration disorder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: