This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Attention! Rainbow Light Prenatal Is Not Gluten Free

tiffjake

tiffjake Enthusiast

Someone here recomended Rainbow Light Prenatal Vitamins. I got a bottle, and on the back, in VERY small print, it lists Wheat Grass (300 mg) and Barley Grass (300 mg). I know some people consider wheat grass to be gluten free, but there was a recent article about how wheat grass may contain gluten, and should be avoided (I think it was in Living Without). I think it would be better to be safe than sorry! The bottle I got was Complete Prenatal System, by Rainbow Light.

Please share this info! I don't know if they changed their formula, and I don't want someone to pick it up and just trust it because they are used to it!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

Thanks for sharing the info. Those are probably good things to check for in most of Rainbow Light's vitamins. They've got a lot of gluten free stuff, but they put wheat grass and barley grass in a few items. :o

AndreaB Contributor

I'm sorry about your vitamins Tiffany.

I use Freeda prenatals. They have a whole range of different vitamins.

Guhlia Rising Star

One Source prenatals are gluten free. I think you can only get them at Wal-mart. They were relatively inexpensive and they were labeled gluten free right on the bottle.

GIJane Rookie

I don't think Rainbow Light Prenatals contain gluten. They say they are gluten-free on the box and I don't see any of the ingredients you are worried about on my package. Are you taking the Rainbow light "Prenatal One" multivitamin?

tiffjake Enthusiast
I don't think Rainbow Light Prenatals contain gluten. They say they are gluten-free on the box and I don't see any of the ingredients you are worried about on my package. Are you taking the Rainbow light "Prenatal One" multivitamin?

I don't remember which one it was, and I took it back to Whole Foods, so I don't have the bottle, but I had it next to the computer screen when I was typing the post. I know it was Rainbow Light, and it was the prenatal. I remember that they wanted me to take SEVERAL a day, so I don't think it was a "one" multi. Sorry I don't still have the bottle!!! I just remember reading the label, and after all of the vitamins, and the "extra stuff", there was a spot for wheat and barley. It was in the right hand side, at the very bottom.

ilovechocolate Explorer

i think i was the one that told you about them :( sorry!

i have the Rainbow Light Prenatal One multivitamin. I read the bottle up and down back and forth! the Once a day are totally gluten free, i called the company just to make sure!! hope this helps :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tiffjake Enthusiast
i think i was the one that told you about them :( sorry!

i have the Rainbow Light Prenatal One multivitamin. I read the bottle up and down back and forth! the Once a day are totally gluten free, i called the company just to make sure!! hope this helps :)

Thats ok! I'm fine. I really only took a couple (I can never remember to take those pesky vitamins!). I got GNC's again. I used to use those, and switch, and I just went back. They say gluten free right on the label, along with suger free, soy free, dairy free, etc. Works for me!

Archived