5 replies to this topic

#1 jaycee30

jaycee30

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 11:17 AM

Ive been completly gluten-free for 10 days. I am feeling SO much better the last two days. No pain, no constipation, when I lay flat by belly doesn't "poke out". And mentally and emotionally it is on a whole different planet.

Has anyone else had this quick of a lessening of symptoms? Is this just in my head?

Thanks
Jen
Ttg 0.9 (negative) AGA IGG 8.4 (negative) AGA IGA 36.1 (positive) Finally DX'd gluten intolerant 8/26/04

York Lab food sensitivity test confirmed Gluten intolerant as well as milk, soy, yeast, barley, wheat, tomatos and peppercorn

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 11:30 AM

It definitely may not be in your head. (Of course, no one can guarantee that! ;-) ) But I saw results nearly as quickly myself, and I know some people have seen very quick improvement as well. Keep it up, and I'm glad you're feeling better! :-)
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#3 Alexolua

Alexolua

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 01:06 PM

Doesn't sound in your head.. sounds great actually! I'd call ya lucky too, cuz I'm taking a bit longer to improve. =P

Keep up the good work!

#4 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 06:22 PM

Very cool! I think it's not in your head since you are not having the gluten. Just keep on staying glutenfree. I know at first I had a promblem with accidents so it's cool that you are feeling so well right away!

Kristina

#5 Mydnyt

Mydnyt

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:42 AM

Nope, not in your head! That's about the same time it took me to be feeling great :)
Unfortunately, caterers that don't know what they're cooking with have got me feeling pretty awful at the moment :angry: They spend 20 mins explaining how careful they were to do two of the meals gluten-free, and half an hour later I was telling em otherwise...

#6 ponita

ponita

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:04 AM

Jen,
That's great you saw results of being gluten-free so quick, doesn't it motivate you to know that your diet changes are paying off?
I saw big changes within 4 days (no abdominal pain and a little more energy) then by my 7th day I woke up the with vertiually no joint pain and a LOT more energy.
I'm in my 10th week of gluten-free and I can't remember when I have felt this good.
Good luck to you!

Melissa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: