arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Dr Is Alabama, Preferably Around Montg.?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mpeel

mpeel

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 10:56 AM

My daughter is believed to have celiac disease. Her bloodwork came back negative but since the doc was dragging his feet, I had taken her off gluten prior to the blood work (weeks prior). My dad was diagnosed celiac disease at 3 y/o and told he outgrew it. Now I know why he is never "normal". My aunt's (dad's sister) new GI doc told her that celiac disease is too rare for my dad to have been diagnosed with it. It was probably something else. So, that blew my idea of finding a good doc around here. Most are retiring. She does great of a celiac disease diet. So, I am not sure I "Need" a doc diagnosis. But, I think it would be nice to have someone believe me. Her ped (the one that did hte blood work) feels that if the diet is working, leave it at that. I guess I could if my family would trust that diagnosis.

So, know any celiac disease-literate doc in Alabama?

Michelle
mom to Beth, 7 1/2 dairy intolerant just went gluten-free Aug 2004
and Sam, 4 dairy intolerant and gluten-free since June 2003

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Kim

Kim

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 02:29 PM

I don't know a doctor in Alabama, however, you could call Dr. Cynthia Rudert's office (Atlanta). She is an expert in celiac and hopefully can give a referral for a doctor in Montgomery area. Good luck. Kim, Atlanta, GA

P.S. We're having a gluten free vendor fair on Sept. 11 at the Gwinnett Medical Center from 11 am - 2 pm with over 35 vendors represented. If you feel like taking your kids on a field trip, please join us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: