This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dr Is Alabama, Preferably Around Montg.?

mpeel

mpeel Newbie

My daughter is believed to have celiac disease. Her bloodwork came back negative but since the doc was dragging his feet, I had taken her off gluten prior to the blood work (weeks prior). My dad was diagnosed celiac disease at 3 y/o and told he outgrew it. Now I know why he is never "normal". My aunt's (dad's sister) new GI doc told her that celiac disease is too rare for my dad to have been diagnosed with it. It was probably something else. So, that blew my idea of finding a good doc around here. Most are retiring. She does great of a celiac disease diet. So, I am not sure I "Need" a doc diagnosis. But, I think it would be nice to have someone believe me. Her ped (the one that did hte blood work) feels that if the diet is working, leave it at that. I guess I could if my family would trust that diagnosis.

So, know any celiac disease-literate doc in Alabama?

Michelle

mom to Beth, 7 1/2 dairy intolerant just went gluten-free Aug 2004

and Sam, 4 dairy intolerant and gluten-free since June 2003

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Kim Explorer

I don't know a doctor in Alabama, however, you could call Dr. Cynthia Rudert's office (Atlanta). She is an expert in celiac and hopefully can give a referral for a doctor in Montgomery area. Good luck. Kim, Atlanta, GA

P.S. We're having a gluten free vendor fair on Sept. 11 at the Gwinnett Medical Center from 11 am - 2 pm with over 35 vendors represented. If you feel like taking your kids on a field trip, please join us.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - Bayb replied to Bayb's topic in Celiac Disease Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & Symptoms

Trying to read my lab results

2. - Aussienae replied to Aussienae's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Constant low back, abdominal and pelvic pain!

3. - trents replied to mishyj's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

4. - trents replied to mishyj's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

5. - mishyj replied to mishyj's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Why?

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

lortaine
    Newest Member
    lortaine
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Bayb
      Hi Scott, yes I have had symptoms for years and this is the second GI I have seen and he could not believe I have never been tested. He called later today and I am scheduled for an endoscopy. Is there a way to tell how severe my potential celiac is from the results above? What are the chances I will have the biopsy and come back negative and we have to keep searching for a cause? 
    • Aussienae
      I agree christina, there is definitely many contributing factors! I have the pain today, my pelvis, hips and thighs ache! No idea why. But i have been sitting at work for 3 days so im thinking its my back. This disease is very mysterious (and frustrating) but not always to blame for every pain. 
    • trents
      "her stool study showed she had extreme reactions to everything achievement on it long course of microbials to treat that." The wording of this part of the sentence does not make any sense at all. I don't mean to insult you, but is English your first language? This part of the sentence sounds like it was generated by translation software.
    • trents
      What kind of stool test was done? Can you be more specific? 
    • mishyj
      Perhaps I should also have said that in addition to showing a very high response to gluten, her stool study showed that she had extreme reactions to everything achievement on it long course of microbials to treat that.