Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Dean's Sour Cream

4 posts in this topic

Anyone (U.S. market) know if Dean's Sour Cream is gluten free or not? Only ingredient I don't know is rennet.

Thanks...do I even have to worry about sour cream having gluten?

Ads by Google:

Techically, you have to know everything that goes in your mouth. :)

That being said, most sour creams are safe. Some reduced fat used to say "modified food starch" but now, if its wheat, it has to be identified-and the one I've seen, its corn starch.

I don't have Dean's in front of me to check, but rennet, to my knowledge, is safe and is on this safe list of ingredients: http://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodi...-50107552071.07

Anyone (U.S. market) know if Dean's Sour Cream is gluten free or not? Only ingredient I don't know is rennet.

Thanks...do I even have to worry about sour cream having gluten?

Dear AmandaD,

I do not know about Dean's. I was wondering about their French Onion dip myself. I love that stuff with potato chips! Daisy is safe, I know that. Their Web site has it on there that all of them are gluten-free. That is good news, because I have to watch my fat intake, too. Having your gallbladder removed makes it incredibly difficult to tolerate fat.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

I've never called Dean's but rennet is most definitely safe. I've been gluten-free for more than five years and have yet to find a sour cream with gluten.

richard