Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

gluten-free Teriyaki Sauce

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have found gluten-free soy sauce but not gluten-free teriyaki sauce. I get very sick from take out chinese food even if I just get steamed chicken/shrimp so I thought I would try and buy some shrimp and make it myself. Does anyone cook asian food at home? Is there a gluten-free teriyaki sauce that people like?

Thanks!!

Ads by Google:

Last time I checked the La Choy sauce was gluten-free. It's also very easy to make. Just google a recipe.

richard

I have yet to find a gluten-free teriyaki sauce. I have made my own and it is very easy!

Hez

I've heard there are one or two - like the one richard mentions - but I've never seen them. So I make my own. Very simple, takes all of 10 minutes, and the ingredients (aside from ginger) can be stored for long periods of time. As an added bonus, I get to make mine the way I like, which is with ginger and pineapple juice. Yum!

I also make my own as needed. Even before I was gluten-free I did this because I prefer to flavour the sauce for my tastes.

'hys' used to be gluten free and my daughter used it all the time. She just bought new bottles without checking the label in the store. IT NOW LISTS WHEAT in the ingredients. So ... check all labels!!! Other than that we don't know of any gluten free teriyaki sauces.

Premier Japan, owned by Edward and Sons, makes a wheat free teriyaki sauce. I checked in on it a few months back and it was gluten free too. However, for some reason, all the stores around here stopped carrying it. I asked one store and they just said they didn't sell enough of it to keep it in stock.

http://www.edwardandsons.com/organic_sauce.html#p

I use La Choy. In fact, I used it yesterday for dinner. I keep in on hand for an easy dinner with chicken, veggies and rice.

Everyone in my family likes the Premier Japan (2 gluten-free, 2 not). I buy it at Wild Oats Market.

Everyone in my family likes the Premier Japan (2 gluten-free, 2 not). I buy it at Wild Oats Market.

i second that.