This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Testing Dd, Back On Gluten, What, My Symptoms?

sashabetty

sashabetty Explorer

In order to test my 2 yr old DD, the family is back on gluten (for 5 weeks now) after been gluten-free for 9 months. And since going on gluten I feel bloated, queasy, tired, crampy, really foggy-headed (I feel slow-witted, my attention span is gone, and I can't read anything all the way through), and I swear my tummy looks huge though no weight gain, but that may just be my postpartum figure... I was thinking maybe I was pregnant again but I'm not. And all I want to eat lately is dairy and sugar and gluten.

All of this time I have been thinking there was more possibly relevant family history on DH's side: Crohn's, Parkinson's, MS, Eczema, Psoriasis, Depression... and I am lacking in genetic family history.

But I feel really out of it since starting gluten. And I have been thinking about the weird rash on my foot, for 2 years off and on, blistery oozy p%$#@# looking bumps, the dermotologist says it's not fungus, but she doesn't say what it is, just try this cortizone, but it doesn't itch, just hurts if the bumps pop open.

In the past 2 1/2 years I have had 2 babies, an appendectomy and gallbladder removal and constant breastfeeding, so it's hard to know what to make of how my body is doing with all of the other stuff.

Meanwhile my DD is cranky, clingy, tired, low-appetite, screaming tantrums, and acting more insecure and passive since being on gluten. Everyone tells me most of it seems like typical toddler stuff, and that's true, but it's all more intense since going back on gluten. She was pretty sick before we went off gluten, losing weight, runs, lethargic, which changed a lot after the diet change, and I haven't seen anything that bad since going back on gluten.

So far the bloodwork has been inconclusive for DD, and any day we should get the results of the genetic tests.

And the GI says if she comes back positive for the genetic tests she will want to do an endoscopy. I wonder if it's too soon for an endoscopy, I sure don't want to do this more than once, and this dr seems to err on the side of testing too soon in my book.

I guess there's nothing to do but wait, how frustrating. My days are a mixture of hope and doubt and dread while waiting for results and watching my DD's symptoms. And if one more person says, wouldn't it be great if the test will show that she doesn't have celiac... I know what they mean yet it feels insensitive somehow. It would be great, but I want to not get my hopes up, because I know what a blow a celiac diagnosis will be if that's what happens, but at the same time I would know how to keep her healthy, that's all that matters.

Just venting/sharing I guess...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Yankee Newbie

I too have a blistery rash on the inside of my left foot. I have had it for 6 montsh since I have had Celiac type symptoms. They blister is not bothersome, it does not itch or hurt. The tiny blisters pop and heal and the rash sometimes goes away entirely, but not for long and is isolated to this small area on my foot.

Is this a symptom of Celiacs?

I have my endoscopy on Sept 13th to find out.

Good luck,

Yankee

Archived