4 replies to this topic

#1 carleyq

carleyq

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 10:41 PM

i had a gluten accident earlier this week. today i discover my scalp has severe dandruff and is practically falling off exposing blood. is this related? i'm kindof freaked out. i'm using the same shampoo i've always used (an organic kind i've read to be gluten free)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 04:10 PM

That is really weird. It may not be related. Sunburn? I get bad scalp rashes from bad shampoos but you said you haven't switched brands.

Maybe you need to see your doctor if it continues.

#3 j9n

j9n

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 04:33 PM

Maybe you should check with the manufacturer to see if they switched ingredients. Now that I know better, before going gluten-free I was using a leave in conditioner that would leave my head itchy and smelly. I thought I had some sort of fungus or something. I still have the bottle and looking at the ingredients wheat is one of them.

#4 faithladene

faithladene

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 07:08 PM

What did you you mean by having a gluten accident? Does that mean you ate or drank something with gluten in it?

My fiance had Celiac Sprue and Celiac Herpetiformis, and, he broke out externally and internally with bloody sores, but, it only happened when he was unfaithful about his diet.........................He died July 24. 2004, he was 54. Some think, like Randy did, it isn't that serious, because, it can be controlled by diet.

Hope this doesn't scare you, but, this is a very, very serious disease.

#5 carleyq

carleyq

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 04:46 PM

I ate something that had gluten in it and caused a reaction. I have only been gluten free for 6 months. Its really hard to realize how serious this condition is.. especially you have been eating gluten your entire life! i'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It puts everything into perspective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: