21 replies to this topic

#16 wclemens

wclemens

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 09:35 PM

Lucy, the Easy Muffins sound great, and I'll try them, especially with peanut butter and jam. Thanks so much. Kathy, welcome to the board! Welda

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 celiacfreeman

celiacfreeman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 09:39 AM

I am not a cook but i tackled this corn bread recipe and it was better than Jiffy.
Anyone else have a good bread recipe for my bread machine?
I have been gluten-free for 8 days and thought I had no symptoms except anemia (which is common in women my age).
Suddenly i'm sleeping through the night and my skin is not translucent.
It turns out there were suttle symptoms. also I have been drinking crown royal the company assures it is gluten free. :)

#18 brdbntL

brdbntL

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 09:12 PM

Lucy,
Thanks for the muffin recipe. They were good and my daughter enjoyed them.
Laura

#19 kejohe

kejohe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 12:33 AM

Hi All!
I just wanted to add my 2 cents about the Asian market, I LOVE EM! I haven't bought Bob's Red Mill or Arrowhead Mills since I discovered the Asian Rice flour. I use it for everything and it's so smooth, so if you have noticed that a lot of the other flours have the gritty texture, try the Asian fours. They are usually sold in a 1# bag for anywhere from 50cents to a buck, either way, it's good stuff for cheap!
Kathleen
Son has been gluten-free since December 2001

#20 filititi

filititi

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 11:41 AM

I am not a cook but i tackled this corn bread recipe and it was better than Jiffy.
Anyone else have a good bread recipe for my bread machine?
I have been gluten-free for 8 days and thought I had no symptoms except anemia (which is common in women my age).
Suddenly i'm sleeping through the night and my skin is not translucent.
It turns out there were suttle symptoms. also I have been drinking crown royal the company assures it is gluten free. :)

Celiac Free Man,

Which of the recipes did you try? I'm searching through this category, and there are tons of great sounding cornbread recipes, and I just don't know which to try. If you liked the one you tried, that would be a start for me.

Also, There are several categories in which Jenni posted a recipe (that looks wonderful) for a bread machine bread with onion and cheese.

Take Care,
Fil

#21 alexa11219

alexa11219

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 07:13 PM

Hi jhmom/Stacie. I tried the cornbread recipe you mentioned. It's a little heavy, but not only delicious, it's knife- and spreading-friendly. It keeps shape and never crumbles. I'd been keeping it on the lower shelf of my fridge for about two weeks, and it still was fine. To freshen it up I put it in the toaster (for about 4 to 6 min) oven or microwave (for 5 to 10 sec). The only thing I would change next time is the amout of sugar - that's in case I'll plan to use it with soups, meats, or cheese. And with marmalads, tea or coffee, and likes - it's just great. Thank you very much.

Alexa

#22 njlawtonuk@yahoo.co.uk

njlawtonuk@yahoo.co.uk

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 08:40 AM

i found a recipe for an excellent corn bread on here but i can't find who posted it. the recipe included polenta,
rice flour,
tapioca flour,
xanthum gum,
baking powder,
eggs,
sugar and salt.

i just wanted to thank you who ever you are, as its wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! but didn't last very long :o)

p.s. i'll post the quantities and instructions if anyone is interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: