This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Kinda Gross...

L.A.

L.A. Contributor

Ok. From reading so many posts, it seems gluten affects a lot of people differently. Myself, I get this awful tasting gas in the form of burps, then I throw up, have D, throw up some more etc and that's my reaction. Whole episode from the yucky burps to the last toilet visit is about 10 hours.

I just wondered what happens to others when they get glutened.

Please don't think I'm wierd.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Now, I have thrown up after a glutening. You may have some gastritis which results in the foul burping.

I would recommed that you stick to some plain foods for a while and see if it will improve.

Viola 1 Rookie

"D", throwing up, dry mouth, brain fog, muscle pain, blisters, cramps ... did I mention brain fog, shakey, and yup, some more brian fog <_< Do my very best to avoid contamination.

mtdawber Apprentice

Foul taste in my mouth, moody / grumpy, D, brain fog, blisters, cramps, itchy, sleepless nights.... so much fun.

Shirley - I love your new picture!

Viola 1 Rookie
Foul taste in my mouth, moody / grumpy, D, brain fog, blisters, cramps, itchy, sleepless nights.... so much fun.

Shirley - I love your new picture!

That's my Sheba (Shiba Inu) doing a stand stay, but as she spotted a squirrel I wasn't quite trusting her as you can see by my hand. :lol:

mtdawber Apprentice

Tucker - my chocolate lab in the picture is the same way with squirrels.... He loves to make them run up the tree in our backyard. LOL :P

BlueJeanz Newbie

My symptoms: pain in lower abdomen (like razors in there), bone pain in hips and ribcage, arthritis like symptoms in knees and hands, dark circles under my eyes, the big "D", urgent and frequent urination, ringing in my ears, wheezing that you can hear from across the room, swollen feet, depression and mood swings (to say the least! maybe because I'm P.O.'d at myself for being stupid enough to get gluttened).

But, I'm so new to all of this that I'm still learning - the hard way.

I have only a "possible and questionable Sprue" diagnosis from the Gastro doc and no blood tests because I had "figured it out" before seeing him and was on a gluten-free diet for 5 weeks. I don't want to gluten myself just to have the test. :wacko:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ArtGirl Enthusiast

Gee, some of these symptoms are really awful. I guess I'm not so bad off, afterall. Mostly urgent and frequent and violent D, irritability, fatigue and generally feeling crappy - for about two days, then a week of being sluggish. Even so, I really don't want to be glutened, either. I LIKE feeling good!

amybeth Enthusiast

I'm pretty much a "lighter" case, in comparison.

Within no more than 20 minutes of ingesting gluten, I will have extremely urgent D (really inconvenient if I'm eating out!). Then, I feel physically drained (no pun intended) for the rest of the day - lack of energy, exhausted, totally wiped out. It almost feels like I'm instantly depressed. That could be because I'm frustrated by glutening myself - but I remember pre-diagnosis, the same feelings would occur before I even realized I was causing the situation. My stomach doesn't really hurt, but it kinda feels like a dull ache like after you've had the wind taken out of you??? (hard to describe). That typically lasts the rest of the day.

I'm suspecting that every once in a while I have the complete opposite C after I've been gluten-ed, but I haven't been able to track that so I can be certain.

Interesting topic b/c it's amazing to me how this impacts all of us SO differently!

oh, yeah, I forgot brain fog! (LMAO)

Viola 1 Rookie
My symptoms: pain in lower abdomen (like razors in there), bone pain in hips and ribcage, arthritis like symptoms in knees and hands, dark circles under my eyes, the big "D", urgent and frequent urination, ringing in my ears, wheezing that you can hear from across the room, swollen feet, depression and mood swings (to say the least! maybe because I'm P.O.'d at myself for being stupid enough to get gluttened).

But, I'm so new to all of this that I'm still learning - the hard way.

I have only a "possible and questionable Sprue" diagnosis from the Gastro doc and no blood tests because I had "figured it out" before seeing him and was on a gluten-free diet for 5 weeks. I don't want to gluten myself just to have the test. :wacko:

Welcome to the board BlueJeanz. It is funny that one gets frequent urination along with D. I forgot to list that, but you are right, I think it's fairly common.

And Amybeth, how could you forget brainfog :lol: That always drives me crazy. I get it so bad sometimes that I'm scared to drive.

Electra Enthusiast

Gas, bloating, pain in my ribs, migraines, frequent urination, constant hunger, spots before my eyes, altheimers like brain fog, lower leg numbness, cramps, coldness, and burning, EXTREME moodiness, EXTREME depression, stabbing upper stomach pain, eye itching, arm and hand numbness, blackouts, having conversations that I don't remember, being told that I was saying things that didn't make sense and I didn't remember it, constant side aches that feel like overy pain, EXTREME exhaustion and fatique, tiny red dots on my hands sometimes that look like little blood vessels have poped under my skin that come and go, finger prickling, irrational reasoning.............

Should I list more LOL!!

x-tina Newbie

i guess i have it pretty easy..i think it's because i've had it for awhile...but i seem to get "D" within a few hours after i have gluten...but one question...is stomach pain, coldness, hand numbness, eye itching, leg numbness...is all that stuff related to having gluten...cause then that'd solve why i sometimes get that...hopefully it is.... :D

Carriefaith Enthusiast

My reaction to gluten is sort of mixed in with my wheat allergy reactions so I find it hard to differentiate the two. These are the symptoms I believe are celiac related:

Brain Fog

Fatigue

Anxiety

Nervousness

Insomnia

Irritability

Depression

Gas

Bloating

Constipation and/or diarrhea

Stomach pain (can be severe)

Nausea

Electra Enthusiast
i guess i have it pretty easy..i think it's because i've had it for awhile...but i seem to get "D" within a few hours after i have gluten...but one question...is stomach pain, coldness, hand numbness, eye itching, leg numbness...is all that stuff related to having gluten...cause then that'd solve why i sometimes get that...hopefully it is.... :D

Well YES pain, coldness, hand numbness, and leg numbness are ALL signs of Celiac. The eye itching is a theary of mine because I actually have allergy eye drops for my eyes that don't always work and I hadn't had any eye itching for a very long time and then Thursday I was cleaning all day and I wiped up bread crumbs and before I got to wash my hands I itched my eye and within minutes it started itching wildly. I immediately made the connection and assumed it was because I had rubbed my eye with gluten crumbed hands and so I have to be very careful about that from now on. I'm not sure if the gluten I had wiped up caused it or not, but I'm almost positive it was the culprit!! I wouldn't be surprised if that's been my eye allergy problem from the beginning!!

I hope you are feeling better soon!!

Sillyyakdidi Apprentice

well, at least its good to know that i'm not the only one who gets sick sometimes. i hope none of us feel like this ever again!

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

"D" is my big one, brain fog, mouth sores, skin break-outs on my face, itchy skin, fatigue....and very depressed moody and very foul outlook on everything in general. The sad part of this is the last set of symptoms....I am a very happy person and when I get glutened some of the things I say or think are so bad.

Archived