Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

"wheat Gluten Free"?

6 posts in this topic

I found some soup at SuperTarget under the name "Carb Tastic." The label looks pretty safe to me--it's broccoli cheese soup, and it looks like they used potato flakes as the thickening agent.

At the end it says "wheat gluten free." I don't know if I should be excited to find broccoli cheddar soup that's gluten free, or if it's "wheat" gluten free but it's packed with glutens from other sources.

I'm new at all this, and I appreciate all your help.

Ads by Google:

http://www.fantasticfoods.com/dietaryprefs.php#gluten

This website has a list of their gluten-free products. Unfortunately, the one you picked up isn't on the list. Maybe it has barley in the natural flavors?

Many more companies are starting to address gluten at their websites. Look for the nutrition page or the FAQ.

richard

It's "broccoli cheddar", which, if the same as "creamy broccoli cheddar", IS on that list.

Thanks for the link!

I would probably avoid it. It might still have barley gluten, rye gluten, or oat gluten. Of course, you can always try calling the company and finding out what they put in it!

Eiew.......I don't like the sound of wheat gluten free.........wheat/gluten free is a different story, but I think it's horribly sneaky to do that if it contains other glutens such as rye gluten, barley gluten, etc......if that is the case, that's a really malicious thing to do to people who NEED to avoid this stuff for health reasons. I hope that it really is gluten-free and they're not trying to pull the wool over your eyes.....

Well, I tried it, and it was gross regardless of whether it has gluten or not. Guess it won't be a worry! :lol: