7 replies to this topic

#1 Elijah's Mom

Elijah's Mom

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:02 AM

Does anyone know of any hotels, resorts, or restaurants to eat in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico that will accomodate a gluten-free diet? My son is on a gluten-free diet and I would like to take him to Puerto Vallarta next month. I'm also interested in any other trip destination that will offer gluten-free menus. I really would like to do an all-inclusive vacation with him. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Elijah's Mom

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:38 AM

Walt Disney World in Florida is the best place I've found thus far for gluten free travels. We go once a year, every year. This past year I even went without my family with some friends for the weekend. I ate every meal out and didn't get sick once and I'm relatively sensitive. If you stay at one of the nicer resorts, I believe they will make gluten free meals for you on site. There are plenty of places to have a nice gluten free meal within the parks. The chef will even come out to your table and go over everything on the menu with you. They are very well versed with allergies in general and take them very seriously. They can even accomodate multiple intolerances (like casein and gluten).

There's also a group that organizes gluten free vacations. Bob and Ruth maybe? I can't remember.

Cruises are also a great option. There are several cruise companies that will accomodate a gluten free diet and they are definitely all inclusive.

Sorry, I don't have any information on Puerto Vallarta Mexico.
~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

#3 Elijah's Mom

Elijah's Mom

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:06 AM

Walt Disney World in Florida is the best place I've found thus far for gluten free travels. We go once a year, every year. This past year I even went without my family with some friends for the weekend. I ate every meal out and didn't get sick once and I'm relatively sensitive. If you stay at one of the nicer resorts, I believe they will make gluten free meals for you on site. There are plenty of places to have a nice gluten free meal within the parks. The chef will even come out to your table and go over everything on the menu with you. They are very well versed with allergies in general and take them very seriously. They can even accomodate multiple intolerances (like casein and gluten).

There's also a group that organizes gluten free vacations. Bob and Ruth maybe? I can't remember.

Cruises are also a great option. There are several cruise companies that will accomodate a gluten free diet and they are definitely all inclusive.

Sorry, I don't have any information on Puerto Vallarta Mexico.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm sure my son would love to visit Disney World.

#4 sailorjo

sailorjo

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:15 AM

Does anyone know of any hotels, resorts, or restaurants to eat in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico that will accomodate a gluten-free diet? My son is on a gluten-free diet and I would like to take him to Puerto Vallarta next month. I'm also interested in any other trip destination that will offer gluten-free menus. I really would like to do an all-inclusive vacation with him. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Elijah's Mom

I have been to Puerto Vallarta a number of times and have not had a problem. I always carry my Mexican restaurant card from Triumph and everyone has always been very accomodating.

#5 sleepingbean

sleepingbean

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:26 AM

When we were there, it would have been very difficult to eat gluten-free at our all inclusive resort, however, if you ate someplace with more dining options, I bet you could do well! I would stick to corn shells, tequila, and fresh veggies!
LOL
Have fun. It is so beautiful!

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says
I'll try again tomorrow.

#6 esther's mom

esther's mom

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:24 PM

Elijah's Mom

did you have any luck in your travels to PV?????

#7 confusedks

confusedks

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:33 PM

I haven't been to PV, but I eat Mexican food all the time. I agree with the dining card. I go to Mexican restaurants all the time and even with all my food intolerances, it is actually one of the only cuisines I can eat safely. As long as you get corn tortillas and make sure the chicken, etc. isn't marinated in something with gluten, it is easy.

Kassandra
Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007
Gluten Free- May 2007
Soy Free- August 2007
Sugar Free- January 2008
Starch Free- January 2008
Egg Free (again!)- February 2008
Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007

#8 brendygirl

brendygirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:21 PM

here is a FREE
downloadable card- once you're on the website, just click on the language, and it comes in PDF ready to print.

http://www.glutenfre...anslations.html

Gluten Free since November 2005

"If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.." ---Ed Polish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: