This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Kimberly-clark

srokie

Mango04 Enthusiast

Is it possible to close this thread? I'm not a moderator or anything so I don't know....but it started ugly..then got pretty funny...and well, I don't think there's much more we can do with it really....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DingoGirl Enthusiast

good idea. of course, every time we post, it bumps it up. :ph34r: Should we ask Scott to shut it down?

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

To be honest, I AM interested in hearing what Srokie posts about Dr. Saviano and what she has to say.

Viola 1 Rookie

I'm just surprised that she showed up again. I thought that she said she wasn't coming back, but I must have misunderstood her post.

It would be nice if she mellowed out her presentation a bit. :huh: Some of it might even be interesting about how other people think and live their lives with Celiac.

Mtndog Collaborator
To be honest, I AM interested in hearing what Srokie posts about Dr. Saviano and what she has to say.

This is not directed at ANYONE (cross my heart) but one option is to ignore a thread if you don't want to get into anything.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I enjoyed when we talked about "the nasties" just reminded me of my own nasties at work ;)

Viola 1 Rookie
I enjoyed when we talked about "the nasties" just reminded me of my own nasties at work ;)

:lol: Yes, these threads do tend to go off the beaten path and take on a life of their own. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

I'm just surprised that she showed up again. I thought that she said she wasn't coming back, but I must have misunderstood her post.

It would be nice if she mellowed out her presentation a bit. :huh: Some of it might even be interesting about how other people think and live their lives with Celiac.

Sure it would be nice if she mellowed out a bit. But for all we know, maybe she is just not a mellow person to start with, and how she was treated here did not help.

Continuing to criticize her is still not helping.

You guys just can't keep baiting someone and then complain when that person explodes.

Sometimes going off the beaten path is more fun anyways ;)

Carriefaith Enthusiast
I enjoyed when we talked about "the nasties" just reminded me of my own nasties at work
Yeah that was funny, I am giggling... the nasties :lol: I am thankful to have no nasties at my work.

I only have one real nasty where I am...but that one nasty can influence the mood in the office and when the nasty gets next to my cubby neighbor I often wonder which are the true friends and who pretends, if you know where I am coming from.

On days when that one nasty is not around it is like working in a whole different world, everyone smiles. Sure Nasty smiles too but its FAKE! :)

I only have one real nasty where I am...but that one nasty can influence the mood in the office

Isn't it amazing how so many usually nice people can just flock around a leader-type--whether the leader-tyupe is nice or Nasty--and just FOLLOW?

Did you ever see the movie "Heathers?" (At least, I think that's what it was called--with Winona Ryder.)

Carriefaith Enthusiast
Sure Nasty smiles too but its FAKE!
:lol: lol... ah comic relief.
lovegrov Collaborator

I hope that somebody who srokie is still talking to has passed along how wrong her friend was about Kimberly-Clark. The friend needs to quit passing wrong info out and srokie can relax about using their toilet paper.

Srokie supposedly isn't reading our messages any more, but she returns to show us up with info about breathing in loose gluten. She claims that we all tell others that you have to eat gluten to get sick. That, of course, is not what WE were saying at all. If she had taken the time to read more posts, she'd know that most of us realize that if you get loose gluten into your breathing passages you can end up swallowing it and can get glutened. This is nothing new or revolutionary.

Everything that srokie's doctor and friend have told her that we've been able to check on has been wrong. We have yet to see proof that any of the rest of it's right.

I'm still hoping to hear from Kraft doubters who have called and grilled them about Planters and Crystal Light. I know some said they were going to inundate Kraft with calls to discover the truth, but I have yet to hear what happened. I haven't called because I have this apparently irrational trust of Kraft.

richard

I have not seen that movie, is it a comedy?

I am glad I made someone laugh today :) Work will be nice, Nasty is off the last two days of the week!! Those are the days I actually enjoy going to work, all in all I enjoy my job.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I hope that somebody who srokie is still talking to has passed along how wrong her "doctor" was about Kimberly-Clark. The "doctor" needs to quit passing wrong info out and srokie can relax about using their toilet paper.

Richard it wasnt her doctor who passed her the info...it was her friend.

Her doctor told her to avoid Planters and Crystal Light.

Lisa Mentor

I personally would like this thread to be shut down. The header and the sub liner indicates that there is flour in toilet paper. That pretence has been disproved, sighting the prevalence in research presented in this thread. Therefore, it is a documented a non- issue regarding Celiac.

It is an unnecessary concern to the new ones that may inquire here, that they have to travel through over 4,000 views and I don't recall the posts, to get to the answers. That is not realistic, nor is it fair to know whether toilet paper is safe to use.

With over 4,000 views, it is obvious that every one wants to watch the controvery. Yeah, good entertainment.

I would like to request that this thead be closed as not to confuse those that will come behind us.

Lisa

psawyer Proficient

I agree--it is time to kill this thread which is full of misinformation and unproven allegations. It can not bring any benefit to anyone by being allowed to continue. At the risk of self-destruction, I am going to report my own post (this one) to draw the attention of Scott and the moderators to this thread. :ph34r:

Lisa and psawyer, I respectfully disagree with you. If you kill this post, you might as well tell everybody not to pass on any information they have heard until it is published in the Lancet, and that anecdotal evidence is not allowed here. So those who are diagnosed by dietary response would not be allowed, as that is anecdoatl evidence.

Perhaps the title of the thread might be reworded to be a question rather than a strong statement?

And perhaps the Srokie-bashers can just stop reading this thread if they don't like her?

We can talk about other stuff too, like we were after the toliet paper deal calmed down. We were having a lot of fun.

lovegrov Collaborator

I see no effort here to kill off anecdotal evidence or personal experience. I DO see an effort to ask people not to post something that is easily checkable until you've checked it yourself. Srokie was not offering anecdotal evidence; she was presenting erroneous information and claiming it was correct because somebody told her it was correct.

The KC and Kraft allegations were simple to check. They had nothing to do with anecdotal evidence.

richard

lovegrov Collaborator
Richard it wasnt her doctor who passed her the info...it was her friend.

Her doctor told her to avoid Planters and Crystal Light.

You're right. I edited it. Thanks.

richard

Michi8 Contributor

I think it might be time to lock this thread. It would be a waste to completely delete it, but to just lock it would keep others from posting more (mis)info in it, yet keep it accessible for reading/searching.

Michelle

jerseyangel Proficient

I'm going to go ahead and post this--I spoke to Faith at Kraft Foods this morning.

I asked about Planter's Nuts, and was told the following: The various products are made in several different facilities. It is their policy to clearly indicate on the labels whether the product contains any gluten grains. *This policy also goes for any gluten grains used in the manufacturing process*.

I also asked about Crystal Light, and was told that the same goes for this product as well as all Kraft products.

They will include a cross contamination warning on the label if applicable.

I'm going to go ahead and post this--I spoke to Faith at Kraft Foods this morning.

I asked about Planter's Nuts, and was told the following: The various products are made in several different facilities. It is their policy to clearly indicate on the labels whether the product contains any gluten grains. *This policy also goes for any gluten grains used in the manufacturing process*.

I also asked about Crystal Light, and was told that the same goes for this product as well as all Kraft products.

They will include a cross contamination warning on the label if applicable.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Sounds to me like Kraft's cross-contamination warnings are much more than CYA statements and should be taken very seriously.

Archived