Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Kraft Gluten Free And Lactose Free Product List

17 posts in this topic

I was doing some research today and I came across this Kraft gluten-free and lactose free product list. I thought it was great so I thought I'd share it with you guys!

http://www.kraftcanada.com/assets/docs/KLG_all.pdf

If the above link doesn't work click on this link and scroll down to the bottom where it says: Kraft Canada has a 16-page pdf file listing all their gluten-free products (as well as lactose free and kosher)

http://www.penny.ca/Kraft.htm

- Carrie

Ads by Google:

Does this list apply to the US products as well? Also, do you know how old this list is? When I contacted Kraft, they were quite uncooperative, telling me to read the label, as all ingredients are listed. However, they never tell you the source of their natural or artificial flavors, so I usually move on down the aisle.

The reason Kraft told you that is because they have a policy of labeling ANY source of an allergen. So if a natural/artificial flavor contains wheat, it will say so in parenthesis after "natural flavor" or the like. If they hold true to their own policy, you CAN just read their labels. (But this is why they aren't so helpful on the phone.)

I'm surprised that they even had a list for Canada.......do they not follow that same labeling procedure there?

Kraft, like Tiffany said, doesn't give out a list, but they don't need to because reading the label can ensure you that the food is safe.....which is exactly what I love about their products. Flavorings, starches, etc. are gluten-free unless otherwise stated by something in parens., for example: natural flavorings (wheat)..........I think it's terrific that they do this; however, if you are still questioning a product and call them up, they'll tell you if a specific products is gluten-free.....cause I asked about Crystal Light before I knew of this policy.

The Kraft Canada list does NOT necessarily apply to the U.S. Do not use it that way.

To hthorvald,

Why in the heck would you be upset with Kraft? Kraft is like we would want every single company to be. I don't want to call companies or carry a list around. I just want to read the label. And that's what you can do with Kraft products. You don't need to ask them where their natural flavors come from, because if it doesn't say wheat, rye, barley or oats, you know it didn't come from there. By ignoring Kraft you are not supporting one the best companies around as far as labeling gluten. Kraft is exactly the opposite of "uncooperative." They are extremely cooperative.

richard

i agree with the above post!! since becoming gluten free i have been using a lot more kraft products then i used to. its nice to know i can just glance throgh the ingredient list for wheat and not have to wonder about natural flavors, spices, etc!!!

yay for kraft!!! :rolleyes:

I use many more Kraft products as well.....I feel more comfortable with that company's food cause I feel like they're more careful about gluten....now I actually look for Kraft products to get instead of the other brands.......I really appreciate what they've done for labeling.......they've adopted the labeling standards that I would dream of all manufacturers having one day.

hthorvald,

The list was updated in May 2004 but just to be careful always read ingredients. I am from Canada so

I'm not sure if this list applies in the US.

-Carrie

It probably doesn't apply to the US, as well--otherwise they'd have given me that list when I e-mailed them about a list. Of course, with Kraft's terrific food labelings, that doesn't bother me.....good labeling is really valuable cause a list can go out of date, sort of........

It's good to know that I can trust Kraft. I was counseled by the dietician I see not to eat any foods unless the source of the natural and artificial foods are disclosed. Since most of the Kraft packaging I've come across just said natural flavors, I assumed that they may be of a gluten derivative.

However, my understanding from recent posts is that if the natural or artificial flavors are not gluten-free, Kraft will state the source. Really cool.

I'm assuming the same is with their marshmallows. I'm not sure if gelatin is gluten-free or not, but from all the recent posts, I'm assuming that if it was, they'd list it.

Thanks for all the great comments. I really like this forum

Yes....they do have that policy and yes, their marshmallows are gluten-free

Are most Kraft Salad Dressing Gluten free?

A fair number of the salad dressings are gluten-free but not all. I remember once that involves bacon lists wheat starch. Once again, read the ingredients.

richard

aren't they trying to pass a law that they would have to list on all labels any and all allergens?...if not we should all (everybody with any type of allergy to food products and ingredients) sign like a petition to our state or higher?...but i hope that we don't have to b/c they would be doin somethin like that right now...

That law - which requires all eight major allergens (wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, fish, shellfish, eggs, and soybeans) to be listed in plain english, and requires for definitions of what "gluten-free" means - has been passed and signed, and will change labels (and you can start to see it from some companies) but the changes are not required until 2006, and they've got 4 years to develop the gluten-free definition. It only partly addresses the gluten-free diet, however, since barley, rye, and oats do not have to be listed "in plain english". I believe, however, that - as the law removed the loophole for "natural flavors" - they may still need to be specific in that case. (It would still, it seems allow them to hide oats under avenia stevie (or however you spell its scientific name).)

Here is a link to a website describing the law. It's important to note the exceptions that will be allowed, though: "Ingredients containing or derived from major food allergens can be exempt from the labeling requirements if scientific evidence shows the ingredient lacks allergenic protein, or the ingredient does not pose a risk to human health. Moreover, any highly refined oil or any ingredient derived from a highly refined oil is exempt. For example, a highly refined oil containing an allergenic protein would not be required to list the major food allergen on the label since the allergenic properties of the ingredient should be destroyed during processing. Currently, highly refined oils, raw agricultural commodities, and alcoholic beverages are exempt from the labeling requirements."

So am I safe to assume that the "modified food starch" in Kraft dressings is not Wheat since they label wheat on their prodcuts?

Yes, I would say that the gluten free Kraft dressings are safe to consume since they would clearly label if gluten was present. I've been eating the gluten free and lactose free dressings with no problem and I am super sensitive. I have a salad almost every day and the gluten-free Kraft dressings really make my salads taste better!