Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Nature's Gate Toothpaste gluten-free?

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if Nature's Gate Cherry Gel Natural Toothpaste (with Natural Cherry Flavor and Goldenseal) is gluten free?

I'm guessing yes because they put rice bran oil in it (not something companies do unless they are concerned about the gluten issue). But there are some ingredients which aren't specified--like "vegetable glycerin" so I can't tell for sure.

There's no 1-800 # and their website is down at the moment . . .

Ads by Google:

I'd also be concerned about the vegetable glycerin. Thing is, if they used rice bran and still don't say gluten-free, then I don't count that as carrying any weight. Sounds like gluten is just as possible as any other brand.

I just use baking soda and water. Works great, and you know it's safe. I suppose you could add some stevia if you wanted, and maybe some mint extract or something.

Do we now have to worry about toothpaste, are most brands filled with gluten, we have used aim, crest and colgate.....please help

Do we now have to worry about toothpaste, are most brands filled with gluten, we have used aim, crest and colgate.....please help

Crest and Colgate are gluten free. Tom's of Maine is also gluten-free.

Guess I'd better contact the company before trying the toothpaste. Right now I'm using Crest, but I'd like to switch back to using toothpaste with more natural ingredients.

Re: the baking soda idea---that's what my dentist suggested! I asked him about "natural" toothpastes and he said that baking soda works well for adults who don't require flouride.

The dental hygienist, though, was concerned that the baking soda might be too abrasive for my teeth (I have major dental enamel defects).

I use "Herbal Toothpaste and Gum Therapy" from The Natural Dentist. It is gluten-free, and corn-free, and there is baking soda in it. They list every ingredient and it's source right on the package. It's a nice toothpaste.

It can be found in some drug stores and health food stores. Their website has a locator feature so you can find the store nearest you.

www.thenaturaldentist.com 800-615-6895

I've been using Nature's Gate cool mint gel with no problems.

Thanks for the suggestions. Still haven't gotten around to emailing Nature's Gate!

I realize this post is a few years old but I found it and wanted to update it.

I just called about this toothpaste, the Nature's Gate cherry gel...the company said they manufacture gluten products in their plant and can't tell me there isn't gluten in the toothpaste. I'm not taking a chance on it now.

I

Ps. Here is what I am using now...it is gluten-free

Desert Rssence natural tea tree oil & neem/ mint.

FYI

www.desertessence.com