arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Is Yerba Mate W/ Stevia Gluten Free? Is Splenda?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HAPPY DOG SUZ

HAPPY DOG SUZ

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 01:11 PM

Aloha,
I can't find info to some of the things I consume!
I go on celiac.com they have some things but I'm new at this and a bit parinoid to put anything in my mouth! Thanks Suzanne

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 02:02 PM

Unfortunately, it's a good thing that you're paranoid! We have to be! (I know every time I stop being paranoid, I get glutened! :-) )

You're best bet is to always call the company, of course. Someone has reported that Splenda is gluten-free - the main portion of the product absolutely is (it's just an isomer of table sugar), and they do not appear to use wheat as a filler.

I'm not sure on the tea... What are the ingredients?
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#3 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:11 PM

Although Splenda is gluten-free, some people here have complained of having symptoms from it; Richard said that everybody (celiacs and non-celiacs) can have reactions from it that seem celiac-like, for example diarrhea....here is this discussion. Oh, by the way, Karen (canadian karen) said that Stevia is gluten-free and she uses it w/o a problem.....I don't know about Yerba Mate, though:

Thread with discussion of splenda/stevia

#4 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:15 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention that I am ULTRA CRAZY PARNOID.......if anything falls on the counter, no matter how expensive it was, it's contaminated. If I'm scooping ice cream or a parent is scooping for me cause it's hard as a rock, only my fingers can be used to pull it off the spoon. Additionally, I keep my distance from anyone eating a gluten food, and I try to avoid anyone even touching me after they've eaten gluten if they haven't washed their hands (ex. my brother, who often torments me by eating a Ritz cracker and then waving his crumby fingers at me :angry: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: