Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Motts Brand Applesauces

6 posts in this topic

Thank you for contacting us about the presence of gluten in our Mott's products. Consumer inquiries such as this are appreciated because they provide valuable feedback about our brands.

Gluten is a mixture of complex proteins found in the grain of wheat, barley, oats, rye, rice, corn, and other grains. All of our Mott's sauce and juice products are gluten free except Mr. And Mrs. T Pina Colada and Clamato.

We appreciate your inquiry and hope you will continue to enjoy our brands. For more information about our company, please visit us on the web at www.motts.com.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations

[THREAD ID:1-15EYVE]

Ads by Google:

Thanks for posting their reply!

I never doubted the applesauce was gluten-free, and it is my favorite. I only eat the natural unsweetened one. Never any flavored variety.

They should know better than to say corn and rice have gluten though. Apparently the idea that any sticky stuff is gluten is still out there, even with a company that should be better informed. Nice that they did respond though.

I've always thought that corn and rice do have gluten--just not the type that Celiacs need to avoid.

Thanks, Deb--I eat their Natural Applesauce often! :)

Yes, that's what I heard, too. Rice and corn contain gluten, but not the one we need to avoid...

Mott's Granny Smith style had "natural flavors" in it and that concerned me, so hence the email to Mott and the response they gave to me. I always get cautious about the natural flavors. What if this is the one thing that they make that does have the gluten....

Glad to be of help to those who like applesauce products.