This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

gluten-free In Seattle?

jaimi alderson

jaimi alderson Enthusiast

Hi! I am going to visit my sister in Seattle in March & wanted to know if anyone had any restaurant tips for that big city for me! Does anyone have a favorite restaurant that does gluten-free to your standards? Or a bar that you know has gluten-free margaritas? I guess I am being optimistic about the bar, they won't really let my kids in but maybe a bar that also has a restaurant?

Thank you!

Jaimi

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Seattle

Bonefish Grill

Chevy's Fresh Mex

OutBake Steakhouse

P.F. Changs

Ruth Chris

All Listed Have Gluten Free Menus :)

I hope you have a wonderful safe time.

tarnalberry Community Regular

also:

Z'Tejas

Besides the chains there's:

Impromptu Wine Bar and Cafe

Flying Apron Bakery

DaVinci's Bakery

Sunlight Cafe

Cafe Flora

Zao Noodle

Mountain Mama Rookie

Hey tarnalberry,

I am from N wa and am moving S. I have been to Davinies but not the others. Could you tell me where they are? Are they little cafe's like Davincies?

Thanks!

burdee Enthusiast
Hi! I am going to visit my sister in Seattle in March & wanted to know if anyone had any restaurant tips for that big city for me! Does anyone have a favorite restaurant that does gluten-free to your standards? Or a bar that you know has gluten-free margaritas? I guess I am being optimistic about the bar, they won't really let my kids in but maybe a bar that also has a restaurant?

Thank you!

Jaimi

Outback makes a better marguarita than most Mexican restaurants in the Seattle area. You can get those with your dinner while you're sitting a booth with your kids. Other posters already gave you some good Seattle area restaurants. I would only add Canyons in Bothell, Mountlake Terrace and Redmond. They have a gluten/casein free menu and are great for families with kids.

BURDEE

tarnalberry Community Regular

Open Original Shared Link has their location (I forget the exact street).

Some of the other places are small, some are larger - it varies. You can find all of them on the web. Sunlight, for instance, is small (kinda hard to find on the internet - it's in Roosevelt), and while it doesn't advertise a gluten-free menu, they are clear about what's safe and what isn't. Impromptu, on the other hand, is very clear about it (most things are gluten-free), but is a *much* more upscale (though still quite small) restaurant.

burdee Enthusiast

Here are names and addresses of Seattle area restaurants which feature gluten free entrees. I just picked up the GIG list at their open house today. (I'm a GIG partner support group leader.)

Bonefish Grill

711 Westlake Ave. N

Seattle 206-405-2663

Cafe Flora

2901 East Madison

Seattle 206-325-9100

Canyon's Restaurant

15740 Redmond Way

Redmond 425-556-1390

Chez Shea

94 Pike Place Market ste 34

Seattle 206-467-9990

Dahlia Lounge

2009 4th Ave

Seattle 206-682-4142

Daniel's Broiler

809 Fairview Pl N

Seattle 206-621-8262

Da Vinci's

10003 Greenwood Ave N

Seattle 206-782-5735

Flying Fish 2234-1st Ave

Seattle 206-278-8595

Fandango

2313 1st Ave

Seattle, 206-441-1188

Lola

2000 4th Ave (4th & Virginia)

Seattle 206-441-1430

Outback

17 WA locations

www.outbacksteakhouse.com

Painted Table at Alexis Hotel

1007 Madison St

Seattle 206-624-3646

P F Changs

525 Bellevue Square

Bellevue 425-637-3582

(Call for Seattle Westlake location)

Portage Bay Cafe

4130 Roosevelt Way NE

Seattle 206-547-8230

Sanmi Sushi

2601 W Marina Pl Ste S

Seattle 206-283-9978

Shamiana (Indian Cuisine)

2255 NE 65th St

Seattle 206-524-3664

The Madison Park Cafe

1806 42 Ave E.

Seattle 206-324-2626

Wasabi Bistro

2311 2nd Ave

Seattle 206-441-6044

Wild Ginger

1401 3rd Ave

Seattle 206-623-4450

ENJOY YOUR VISIT!!

BURDEE

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Burdee,

Thanks a million for all those great restaurants! I know my sister eats at Wild Ginger a lot so that is great to know they have a meal for me!

Thanks so much!

jaimi

burdee Enthusiast
Burdee,

Thanks a million for all those great restaurants! I know my sister eats at Wild Ginger a lot so that is great to know they have a meal for me!

Thanks so much!

jaimi

Hi Jaimi:

You're welcome! I just noticed you're in Medford, OR. My brother and SIL live in Eagle Point near Medford. She just recently saw my celiac naturopathic doc in Seattle. Her test results indicated she has dairy, egg and cane sugar allergies as well as gluten intolerance. She says shopping for gluten free, allergy free foods in the Medford area is challenging. I sent her a box of gluten-free foods for Christmas. Where do you find gluten-free and other allergy free foods in Medford?

BURDEE

Oh wow! I live 2 miles from Eagle Point. Small World! I get my food at Fred Meyer, and then my corn/rice cake things at Food 4 Less. Fred Meyer is more expensive with less of a selection but it is a nicer store with a drop-off child play area so it is worth it to me! Food 4 Less has a great gluten-free selection but the store is not very nice! Popular place though. I try to be vigilant with my dieting so I do not eat many gluten-free treats so sometimes I am glad we do not have anything like a gluten-free bakery here! I just wish we had more restaurants, I get tired of Outback! I have eaten other places & just asked them to cook for me specially & never had a problem. My problem is that I don't get any symptoms with accidental glutening so I have never known if someone glutened me or not! Does your brother have kids? Do they live near the golf course or out in the country? Are they both gluten intolerant or have celiac disease?

Couple more quick things, the Co-op in Ashland has no-boil gluten-free lasagna noodles & Market of Choice in Ashland has the gluten-free Budweiser beer, which I didn't like but at least they have it!

eleep Enthusiast

From a purely gluttonous perspective, I can recommend DaVinci's for the danish (and I never really thought I was into danish before -- this was indistinguishable from non-gluten-free danish from a decent bakery). Impromptu is totally worth it, but it's a pricier restaurant with a wine bar, so isn't such a great place for kids.

burdee Enthusiast

Thanks, Jaimi. I believe my SIL knows about the coop in Ashland and Fred Meyer in Medford, but I'm not sure if she knows about Food 4 Less. Also I don't know whether they live near a golf course, but they live on Heather Way. My SIL has gluten intolerance and other allergies as well as Candida problems. She will finish a course of Nyastin soon. Her blood tests for celiac disease were negative, but she obviously reacts negatively to gluten. My brother likes and eats gluten-free foods with her, but has never tested for celiac disease or experienced gastrointestinal problems. He may have other symptoms, but says he's healthy. I have the celiac gene and my mom had obvious celiac disease symptoms. My brother and SIL have grown kids. One daughter has ADHD and an autistic child, but she hasn't tried a gluten-free/CF diet for him. Another son's wife and their daughter has obvious celiac disease symptoms, but neither of them have tested yet. However my brother and SIL sold their house recently and plan to move to be nearer their kids in the Tri-Cities area. She hopes to find more gluten-free, dairy/egg free foods in that area.

BURDEE

jazminecat Newbie
Burdee,

Thanks so much!

jaimi

Wild Ginger has some great servers who are super ready to help you find items on the menu that you can eat. I have eaten there once since I went gluten-free, and had a wonderful experience! Their food is really fantastic. Also, I've only heard raves about Impromptu, so do try it. The Chef there is engaged to a celiac and knows all about making food safely that you can enjoy!

Archived