• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:25 AM

What brands or where do you buy the following items that are gluten free:

chicken bouillon
beef bouillon
teriyaki sauce
worchestire sauce

Has anyone tried Mrs. Leepers pastas? I just received a flyer on them from our local celiac support group.

Mucho thanks!

Mom to 2 2 celiac children :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:15 AM

For soy sauce I use San-J Wheat Free, make sure it days wheat free because some aren't I think they makea gluten-free teriayki
Molly

#3 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:48 AM

I use Imagine brand chicken broth, but there are a few boullions available at health food stores that are gluten-free. (I don't remember the brand, and I used up the box a few weeks ago.)

Lea&Perrins is supposedly gluten-free, but I've not yet found a single gluten-free teriyaki sauce. The good thing is, however, since you can get wheat-free tamari (the San-J that flagbabyds mentioned is what I use too), you can make you're own teriyaki. Google 'teriyaki recipe' and see which one you like best. You can make a big batch (it takes a little while (~30 min) to cook down) and store it in the fridge for a few weeks.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#4 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 09:01 AM

Herb-Ox bouillon is gluten-free. It even says "Gluten Free" on the package as well, but it does contain dairy, so my kids and I don't use it.

The other brands of bouillon I have are Celifiber (they make beef, chicken, and vegetable medley) and The Organic Gourmet (I have the vegatable bouillon which is a bit on the spicy side, but they might make other flavors).

The Celifiber I bought online at Gluten Solutions and the Organic Gourmet I bought at Whole Foods.

I also use San-J Wheat Free Tamari (soy sauce) which I get at Whole Foods and Lea & Perrins Worcherstershire sauce which can be purchased nearly anywhere.

And I have not tried Mrs. Leeper's pasta. I love Tinkyada, and every time I try a different brand it just doesn't measure up. I have decided I will just stick with what works for us. So we are a Tinkyada pasta ONLY household now. :D

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: