Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Disarnno (liquor)

7 posts in this topic

(Product was formerly known as Amaratto)

Thank you for your inquiry to Disaronno.com. I have checked with the manufacturer in Italy and Disaronno is completely Gluten free.

If you still have questions, we suggest you contact your doctor as to whether or not you should consume such beverage products before consumption.

Best Regards,

Consumer Services

Ads by Google:

Thanks for posting their reply - amaretto is used in a lot of mixed shots - yay new choices! :P

Courtney

Thanks for posting their reply - amaretto is used in a lot of mixed shots - yay new choices! :P

Courtney

Be on the lookout, Disaronno is a fairly good amaretto, and is less likely to be used in mixers than straight up (or less mixed) drinks. There are a lot of other amaretto's out there (which I also suspect are gluten free, but if you go by the "if I haven't seen it personally verified" rule...)

Be on the lookout, Disaronno is a fairly good amaretto, and is less likely to be used in mixers than straight up (or less mixed) drinks. There are a lot of other amaretto's out there (which I also suspect are gluten free, but if you go by the "if I haven't seen it personally verified" rule...)

You're right about that. The good stuff is a little pricey, and so many bars & restaraunts use less expensive versions. I myself needed some for a recipe I was making last year (BC-before celiac) and being too cheap to buy the good stuff for cooking, I bought a brand called STOCK Amaretto dell'Orso, imported fron Italy. It's 28% alcohol, 56 proof. Was a little disappointed in the taste, but not having any of the more expensive version, I couldn't compare them. Wouldn't have the slightest idea if it has any gluten in it.

best regards, lm

When I lived in Italy, we drank Disaronno all the time. . .mmmm. . .not just for mixers though. . .makes a lovely shot. . .sweet and smooth (be very careful not to drink too many though . . .the hangover is worse than champagne. . .). When we did mix, we usually drank it in peach juice with a splash of amaretto and a splash of white bubbly. .. don't know if it's a "real" drink, but we used to call it an Etruscan. ..

Very true. House liquors are usually awful.

However, the bar I work at only stocks Disaronno. And I'M the one making the shots.

That's quality control for ya!

Oooh, something new to try! How exciting. (As a pointless side note, I love Disaronno's commercials. They totally did their marketing job and made me want to try it).