6 replies to this topic

#1 debmidge

debmidge

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:23 AM

(Product was formerly known as Amaratto)

Thank you for your inquiry to Disaronno.com. I have checked with the manufacturer in Italy and Disaronno is completely Gluten free.

If you still have questions, we suggest you contact your doctor as to whether or not you should consume such beverage products before consumption.

Best Regards,

Consumer Services
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Corkdarrr

Corkdarrr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:43 AM

Thanks for posting their reply - amaretto is used in a lot of mixed shots - yay new choices! :P

Courtney
Courtney - 25
Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006
Casein-free since October 16, 2006
Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.
Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006
Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993
Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06
Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

#3 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:19 AM

Thanks for posting their reply - amaretto is used in a lot of mixed shots - yay new choices! :P
Courtney

Be on the lookout, Disaronno is a fairly good amaretto, and is less likely to be used in mixers than straight up (or less mixed) drinks. There are a lot of other amaretto's out there (which I also suspect are gluten free, but if you go by the "if I haven't seen it personally verified" rule...)
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#4 larry mac

larry mac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:01 AM

Be on the lookout, Disaronno is a fairly good amaretto, and is less likely to be used in mixers than straight up (or less mixed) drinks. There are a lot of other amaretto's out there (which I also suspect are gluten free, but if you go by the "if I haven't seen it personally verified" rule...)

You're right about that. The good stuff is a little pricey, and so many bars & restaraunts use less expensive versions. I myself needed some for a recipe I was making last year (BC-before celiac) and being too cheap to buy the good stuff for cooking, I bought a brand called STOCK Amaretto dell'Orso, imported fron Italy. It's 28% alcohol, 56 proof. Was a little disappointed in the taste, but not having any of the more expensive version, I couldn't compare them. Wouldn't have the slightest idea if it has any gluten in it.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

#5 Sophiekins

Sophiekins

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:58 AM

When I lived in Italy, we drank Disaronno all the time. . .mmmm. . .not just for mixers though. . .makes a lovely shot. . .sweet and smooth (be very careful not to drink too many though . . .the hangover is worse than champagne. . .). When we did mix, we usually drank it in peach juice with a splash of amaretto and a splash of white bubbly. .. don't know if it's a "real" drink, but we used to call it an Etruscan. ..

#6 Corkdarrr

Corkdarrr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:28 PM

Very true. House liquors are usually awful.
However, the bar I work at only stocks Disaronno. And I'M the one making the shots.
That's quality control for ya!
Courtney - 25
Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006
Casein-free since October 16, 2006
Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.
Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006
Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993
Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06
Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

#7 quantumsugar

quantumsugar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:36 PM

Oooh, something new to try! How exciting. (As a pointless side note, I love Disaronno's commercials. They totally did their marketing job and made me want to try it).
Enterolab results: 14 October 2006

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,5)
(Yay!)

gluten-free since May 2005
Currently soy and dairy free !

"You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound"
--Psalm 4:7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: