42 replies to this topic

#16 debmidge

debmidge

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 01:43 AM

Good luck celiac3270! Let us know how you made out, etc.

Deb
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 03:40 PM

I hope everything goes well with you on the 13th. Good luck and I hope for good news!
-Carrie
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#18 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:55 PM

celiac3270,

You are in my prayers. Monday just can't come soon enough! Looking forward to hearing what comes from your endoscopy. I know that you need answers and I hope that you get them. But most of all I hope that you are able to feel better soon. You are a great inspiration to so many of us here and I'm sure we all agree that it will be great for you to be pain free and symptom free. Look at all that you have accomplished while suffering. Imagine what you will be able to do when you are completely healthy! :D

Let us know how it goes. You too Stacie! Good luck to you on the 14th!

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#19 terri

terri

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 06:17 AM

Good luck with the Endoscopy celiac3270!
Terri
Northern Virginia

gluten-free since March 27, 2004

#20 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 09:53 AM

Thanks again, everyone :) .....I am even more happy that I'm going to get this done Monday, now. Like Mariann said, "Monday just can't come soon enough". In the past I got abdominal pains and vomiting...once every 3-7 days......now, for the past seven days, I have had abdominal pains -- not much vomiting -- a little last night, but I'm not used to seven days in a row feeling sick....since it's getting worse, I'm really glad that I'll get this checked out. This is a big year for me--there's a mandatory shakespeare play thing, which requires a lot of time and is a really big and stressful process..........even more, I have to apply for highschool (tedious forms to fill out, many essays to write, SSATs, other exams that different schools want, and most importantly, interviews and tours that I can't be sick for :( .......etc.).........so I really want to get this straightened out....at least if I find out what's wrong with me, I can maybe get some sort of medication to ease the symptoms or something..........but thank you all sincerely for your thoughts and well-wishes for not only the endoscopy, but answers and elimination of symptoms :D . School starts tomorrow for me and will drastically slow down my postings, but I will make sure I tell you what happens with the scope and results...

-celiac3270

#21 CarolynM

CarolynM

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:51 PM

Know we are with you in spirit. I will keep your health and education in my prayers. Try not to stress, easier said than done, about school issues - I wonder if the stress is flaring things up. I hope you get some answers.

#22 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 04:29 PM

The first day of school was great -- and the second, today...........I'm getting back in my study-nerd-workaholic mode without any trouble..lol :D ...anyway, in my school of about 320, there were three celiacs. One kid who is three years younger than I am (gluten-free over a year), a kid who was in the eighth grade last year and is now at some secondary school, and then, obviously, there's myself. The teacher that that celiac had last year is now my teacher, so he slightly understands the limitations of celiac disease.........

Oh, the reason I posted. I found out that the biopsy is at 11:30. I need to be at the hospital by 9:30 and no food after midnight before the endo....then clear liquids including water and apple juice are allowed until 7:30. So, that's the time slot now. I got assignments from my teachers for Monday cause I don't want to have to make up a lot of work or call people and do work after the endo. I want to get all my stuff done this weekend so that Monday I can just lie around and relax and post..... :D when I finish. I'll post when I get home. Thanks again for your support.

-celiac3270

#23 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 06:21 PM

"study-nerd-workaholic mode"

I noticed.

Hahahaha.

I wish I knew if there were other Celiacs on my campus.

#24 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 07:20 PM

Wow, celiac3270, that's great that they know what you're dealing with! (Well, I hope - we've heard stories of celiacs who... aren't well enough informed for their own good on this board. ;-) )
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#25 Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen

That Crazy Canuck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 08:20 PM

Hi celiac3270!

It's good to read about you getting back into "the swing of things". I have a feeling that you thrive on learning!!!

Thinking of you and wishing you luck on Monday......

Karen
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

#26 GEF

GEF

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 06:55 AM

Good luck, celiac3270! I hope so much that you get some answers to your continued symptoms.

I'll be thinking about you!
Gretchen

#27 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 07:39 AM

Good luck, celiac3270 and Stacie. I will be praying for both of you.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#28 kalo

kalo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 06:26 PM

I obviously missed the beginning of this. Sorry to hear that celiac3270 will be undergoing this. I will add you to my prayer list and echo the other sentiments. :)
Hugs, Carol B Enterolab diagnosed gluten sensitive and casein allergic June 04

#29 astyanax

astyanax

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 08:22 PM

hey good luck, i hope everything works out ok
gXf since november 1998

#30 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:33 AM

Yes! I've been trying for half an hour to get in....my internet connection was really screwing up for me. It's 7:30 in NYC now.....I had told you before that they wanted me at the hospital by 9:30 for an 11:30 endoscopy. Now, they want me early--8:30 at hospital for 10:30 endoscopy......

Anyway....it's the big day :).....I'll post when I get home, whatever -- unless the internet messes up on me, again.....

Thanks again

-celiac3270

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: