This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Skate Boarders Only

Teku

Teku Apprentice

Welcome to the Skate boarders only section. And if your not a skater ....LEAVE :angry: ! Well now that all thats taken care of Hi im just getting back on to this site. I entered 3 years ago and im back. So just start talking people.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teku Apprentice

Um..... start talking please

Ursa Major Collaborator

Hi Ben, and welcome back. I am not a skater, is that a problem? :ph34r: Tell us what happened in the three years you were gone!

And hey, if the first thing you do is threaten people (I assume it was a joke), you can't expect that they want to talk to you! :blink:

Seriously, tell us a little bit about yourself. I've only known about celiac disease since October 2005, and obviously wasn't here three years ago, and therefore know nothing about you. And of course, the same goes for the majority of people here.

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you don't get ignored, even though I imagine you'd rather 'talk' with people your own age.

gf4life Enthusiast

Hi Ursula,

Ben is my son, and he apparently can't add very well! ;) Since he has only been a member here for a year and a half, but on the diet for almost 4 years! Middle school happened, that is why he hasn't been on the site for a while. 6th grade was challenging for the entire family. He has settled into 7th and is a serious skater now.

And if your not a skater ....LEAVE

Okay, Ben you don't want to start offending people with this kind of thing, so as a moderator (and not just your mom) I'm just saying you might want to tone down your skater attitude! :blink: Otherwise well start getting messages about how offensive this Teku kid it...

I'll get him to log in today after school and tell you all more about himself and his skater plans...

gf4life Enthusiast
Um..... start talking please

Oh and Ben, you might have to wait more than a minute before people reply. This isn't live chat! :P

Lisa Mentor
;):lol:
Teku Apprentice

He he he :unsure: im just kidding mom.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

I'm afraid the only 'boarding' I do is of the two thin ones on my feet in the snow variety. :P

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I am a little too clumsy to skateboard, but I rollerblade, ice skate, and ski (when there is snow) which seems to be not so much this winter.

Teku Apprentice

I am In 7th grade (if you didn't know) and a serious skater i just got back from youth group skating a krazy ramp . At first i was in to cars and stuff like a normal kid. But then in 5th grade all my friends were in to skate boarding and i wanted a proskateboard. I begged and said id be good :) . But i had to wait <_< . So in 6th grade i got a $140.00 pro board. I couldn't skate good but i broke my foot and after that i was good. How did that happen(?) i don't know. I am now on my 5th board and getting better fast. I can do crazy stuff. the basics like ollie, manual, nose manual. All the basics then i can do harder tricks. Kick-flip, shuv-it, pop shuv-it, 180*, manual pad, nose manual pad, varial, board slide, 50-50 grind, 5-o grind, nose grind, ollie 3 stairs and 4 stairs, and alot more. I'm going on a skate tour (if my mom lets me) with my church.

I would like to meet other gluten free people on this website.

Teku Apprentice

I pretty much like all boarding and skateing i'll have to try snow boarding some time.

Ursa Major Collaborator

Wow, sounds like you can do some pretty fancy tricks! It's pretty amazing what can be done with skateboards.

My two youngest daughters went snowboarding last week Saturday. The most impressive 'tricks' Susie, my 15-year-old did, was slamming into a huge ball of ice and severely bruising her ribs, and doing some pretty fancy (unintentional) somersaults. :lol: She is still aching so badly that she is going around moaning.

She has some friends that are pretty serious into skateboarding.

Janet (who is 21) did a lot better than Susie. Of course, she actually paid attention when they had their lesson, and Susie thought she already knew everything (or could do it better in a different way). Which is not too unusual for her age I guess.

I hope you get to go on that tour with your church, that sounds like a lot of fun.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HI Ben

I'm not a skater either but my son, who is now 31 was a avid skater and still does. He lives in Hollywood CA now and really likes to snow board when he can get to the Mountains. I recognize some of the 'skater terns of stunts you can do' I hope you can og on the church trip also.

I hope too, that more teen celiac skaters will join you. Until then we'll keep you company.

One of my sons friends, Rich Adler, goes around the world skating professionaly nice way to see the world, right?

Judy in Philly

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Ben.

I just wanted to say hello, and thank you for making me smile this morning!

My 22 year old son was just like you at that age. He was an avid skate boader. I remember a trip to NYC where we just "had" to look up a store that he had read about that carried all sorts of exotic parts that he needed for his board.

He even dressed in t-shirts and jackets from a skate boarding catalogue.

Have fun, and be careful ;)

quantumsugar Apprentice

Hey Ben,

I'm not a skateborder either, but no one else posting in here seems to be either. There's so much cross-contamination in your NonSkateboarders-Free thread here! I used to skate back in junior high...I'd love to find my old board and try it out again.

The skate tour with your church sounds rad... have fun if you go!

gf4life Enthusiast

Our church youth group just got a new Jr. High Youth Pastor. He is this really cool young guy named Bruce (about 22) who just got back from doing missionary work in Brazil for the past 2 years with YWAM. He used to skateboard before he left for missionary training about 4 years ago and the kids have got him back into it.

So last night they set up this obstacle course in the gym at the church and had a mini-Olympics. They had a wheelbarrow race through the obstacle course where other people got to hit you with foan "noodles" as you ran through. Ben says they couldn't hit people in the face, but they had fun beating on people anyhow. When I was leaving they were tying a rope up in the rafters. Maybe Ben can tell me what it was for. I wasn't sure I wanted to know! :ph34r:

I was sort of glad that I wasn't there because that crazy ramp that Ben was talking about looked a bit scary to me. It was a piece of a wall about 20 feet long that Bruce found at a construction site and they hooked it onto the top of a big dumpster and the kids would climb up onto the dumpster and have to have other kids hold their boards while they got their balance and then they would try to skate down this long ramp. It was crazy. This Saturday they are having a "Banana Bash". They are going to get a bunch of bananas and play some seriously messy games, and then eat banana splits. All the kids have to do is show up and bring their own favorite toppings! I really love having a church where they do so many fun things with the kids.

Bruce is really cool. He even gets up early on school days to meet a group of kids at the local Starbucks at 7am for Bible Study. We are very blessed to have him for the Jr. High Pastor.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

It sounds like your church is a very fun place, I bet it really gets the kids motivated to come. I wish ours was like that.

gf4life Enthusiast

Yeah our church is a cool place for the kids, now. It wasn't always like that. We started loosing all of the teenagers that were graduating and when they looked around and saw that we had a bunch of young teens, but none of them wanted to come to church they had to rethink the whole youth program. It is working out really well. :)

Teku Apprentice

yeah and the youth group got cooler now that bruce is building ramps at the church. We held a skate copetition and there was 2 people in it :lol:. Me and my brother. Today i almost landed a back-side flip (wich is a 180* with a kick flip thrown in).

I have alot of skaters to hang out with. But the one i see most is my next door neighbor. His name is Zaragoza( :lol: ), But every one calls him E.Z. I think he whines to much. All i hear is "shut up" And "stop getting in my way" And the additional "Stop showing off ben". All i have to do is practice skating and he thinks i'm showing off (he he he :P ).

TeenCeliac Rookie

sounds like he's jellious lol well i think that's awesome that you can still do everything the same as if you didnt eat different than "normal" people. those people can be really mean. how many camps do you go to? it seems like you are always talking about 1. but i hope you get that little 180 with the kicky thing in cuz that sounds like it's hard to do...lol if you didnt notice i dont skate that much.(hardly ever) so is it snowing where you live anyone? it is here in sufu, sd :rolleyes: me and my stupid lingo. it's siouxfalls, southdakota(just to let you know) :ph34r: (i'm a ninja!)

Teku Apprentice

I have went to a couple camps but only one had a skate park that was probobly the best one. It has snowed once. I live in a small town near Fresno California its like the smallest town ever. There are alot of earthquakes here it makes it more fun for skaters because the side walks get uneven and krooked so its more fun to skate.

Liz92 Rookie

I'm an extremely poor skater, but its fun. I'm almost 15 and I live in Utah. DOes anyone here do lots of bowling???? bowling is fun. :blink:

Lizzie

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

I love to skate, when I have time. In the summer skateboard and in the winter snowboard. I'm not that good at it, but it's a lot of fun. I wish I had a place over here, where I could skate without the police being all over you. And of course now I have to wait, until my baby pops out. I'm just normally rolling around at the moment and no snowboarding at the moment, of course. It's too dangerous that other people crash into you on the mountain while you're pregnant. I wouldn't have the money for a skipass at the moment anyway...

Hugs, Stef

Teku Apprentice

There used to be a bowling alley but it went out of buisness and it is now a pet store. I know how the dumb cops are every where <_< . The cops are all over skaters why cant they go bust a gang or something smart instead of yelling at skaters i hate it :angry: .

kaylabobayla Rookie

OMG :lol:

hi ben!

i havent been on here in a looooooong time!

ugh, this is dragonqueen

ya i got a new account.

Archived