5 replies to this topic

#1 mamaw

mamaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:41 PM

I was wondering if anyone takes chlorella or knows if it is safe for us.I think it is but I'm not positive. I read where Dr.Mercola says it can help rid the body of mercury & helps with conspitation.....
Any thoughts?

mamaw

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lorka150

lorka150

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:23 PM

It's just algae, so it should be fine, but I'd be careful with Mercola - sometimes he's a bit of a quack.
Gluten-free, Vegan

#3 dlp252

dlp252

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:26 AM

From what I've been hearing Chlorella mobilizes the mercury, but that it doesn't actually get rid of it...the mercury once mobilized can redistribute itself into other tissues/organs if something isn't taken along with it to "bind" with it so it will be excreted out. My doctor has me taking modified citrus pectin (it's a type of fiber) to "bind" with the mercury.

#4 Cher_Bear

Cher_Bear

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

I was wondering if anyone takes chlorella or knows if it is safe for us.I think it is but I'm not positive. I read where Dr.Mercola says it can help rid the body of mercury & helps with conspitation.....
Any thoughts?

mamaw

I use Mercola's chlorella, it doesn't contain any gluten. It is full of minerals and has some vitamins. I am also a member of mercola.com. Most of his products are gluten free! Not all brands of chlorella are safe due to manufacturing practices.

Cheryl

#5 kwylee

kwylee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:47 AM

I use Mercola's chlorella, it doesn't contain any gluten. It is full of minerals and has some vitamins. I am also a member of mercola.com. Most of his products are gluten free! Not all brands of chlorella are safe due to manufacturing practices.

Cheryl

This thread is almost a year old, but when I ran across it, wanted to give an update. I checked with Mercola about 3 months ago to see if his chlorella was gluten free, and was advised NOT to take it (or his probiotic) due to gluten or cross contamination. I was a bit bummed because I really liked it, but haven't taken it since. I still take his Krill Oil tabs though, they said they're gluten free.
K Wylee

Gluten Intolerant, Positive test, June 2010
Casein sensitivity, Positive test, June 2010
Reactive to soy, most processed foods & preservatives, June 2010

#6 wordwmn

wordwmn

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:20 PM

Some celiacs seem to do fine with chlorella, but it is an immune enhancer. Because celiac disease is an autoimmune disease, people who have it have immune systems that are basically on overdrive. Boosting your immune system isn't necessarily a good idea. Just some info I picked up during my research on the stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: