#31 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:47 PM

Ok, I just wanted to update.

I have found that gluten did a re-visit of peri or menopausal symptoms. Since gluten free, those night sweats are gone. They will come back if I am glutened.

After being gluten free for almost two years, I found that I will have facial perspiration almost immediately after consuming dairy products. Which indicates to me that there is perhaps an allergy reaction to dairy. I am currently, dairy light.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 And She Will Be Curious

And She Will Be Curious

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:17 PM

I don't have the night sweating part particularly, but I have had odd bouts of sweating during the day before. Last time I got glutened, I was at a clinical rotation. I'm usually a cold person by nature so it was surprising to me that I was sweating. I was warm, but not hot. More like how one feels when sweating in all the creases of your body when there's high humidity in the air. But the air conditioning in the place was on full blast, and no one else felt warm. It was just me. A little while later, I broke out and had stomach problems, letting me know that soemthing somewhere had contained gluten.

#33 KAG

KAG

Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:10 PM

I always used to have sweaty hands and feet but cold and clamy feeling. In my mid 20's I had bad night sweats and yeast infection problems. They kind of went away but I was never able to tolerate the heat. Just blow drying my hair made me sweat even in winter. Then pregnancy became a big trigger for other problems. After I was treated for low thyroid, I could tolerate the heat. My sweaty palms and feet went away after I went gluten free. I sweat when I eat dairy and it lasts for about a day. I was also very hot and sweaty again just recently when I went back on gluten for testing.

Sweating and not being able to tolerate the heat seem to be related to eating gluten, dairy and thyroid issues together for me.
Kim

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 1995
Candida Problems 1996
Low Thyroid 2001
Gluten Free 2002
Dairy Free 2007
Egg/Onion/Garlic Free 2007
SIBO (self diagnosed) 2007
SCD since October 2007 and starting to feel better than I have in years!

#34 little d

little d

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:25 PM

I get night sweats too. since it is summertime I ware just a little tank shirt. After reading this post maybe it is not my husbands radiating heat that is making me hot, and we even had the thermostat at 74, 75 degrees. Wow come to think of it ya you might be on to something when I am eating gluten sweat more and snor alot my husband complains. the other night i did not sweat or snor because I had been good and been eating Gluten free.

donna
Fecal Antigliadin IgA 21 (Normal Range <10 Units)
Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)
Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)
Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501
Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!

#35 Peeweebrit

Peeweebrit

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:43 AM

I understand exactly what you're saying! I have been having hot sweats regularly for the past few years, and knowing Menopause is over, couldn't figure out why I'm the only hot one and my family is wearing sweaters to make me more comfortable. I can get about 3-4 hours of sleep a night and then I can't get back to sleep at all. It's a terrible feeling! Now that they found Celiac from a biopsy it makes so much more sense, I'm still learning what has and does not have Gluten in it, but I did lose 60lbs so far.

Thank You for Listening
Peeweebrit :D

#36 Peeweebrit

Peeweebrit

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:50 AM

I also wanted to add that my stomach is going thru hell right now because I'm trying to eat properly, with a Gluten allergy and a dairy allergy I don't know what is safe for me. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank You So Much
Peeweebrit

#37 barbara123

barbara123

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:20 AM

I don't have the night sweating part particularly, but I have had odd bouts of sweating during the day before. Last time I got glutened, I was at a clinical rotation. I'm usually a cold person by nature so it was surprising to me that I was sweating. I was warm, but not hot. More like how one feels when sweating in all the creases of your body when there's high humidity in the air. But the air conditioning in the place was on full blast, and no one else felt warm. It was just me. A little while later, I broke out and had stomach problems, letting me know that soemthing somewhere had contained gluten.

I too have had sweats and chills, dr put me on neurontin 300mg twice a day for about 3 months. It really worked well and stopped the sweating and freezing. I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago so thought it was surgical menopause. They did the hysterectomy to help with what they thought was shingles.

Now I have been gluten free for about 2 months and do not need the medication anymore. coincidence I think not!!!

#38 Belinda

Belinda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:04 AM

I too had my uterus removed at 28 then my ovaries 3 years ago and when I sweat then I would get sick to my stomach first, so I knew it was coming but now that's all gone and if I get glutened I sweat from head to toe just not under my armpits lol wierd huh. ;)
But it will happen within an hour after being glutened and continue til the next day even throughout the night>so watch that u don't get glutned and this should discontinue .....mine did
Good luck in finding wht causes ur sweats !
Belinda

#39 hathor

hathor

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 02:38 PM

I have hot flashes/night sweats AND periods when I am freezing for no apparent reason. I've yet to figure out why. I've had the latter for years and my doctor couldn't figure it out. I'm in menopause now so I guess that could explain the hot flashes. But then the food intolerances have happened to me about the same time.
McDougall diet (low fat vegan) since 6/00
Gluten free since 1/6/07
Soy free and completely casein and egg free since 2/15/07
Yeast free, on and off, since 3/1/07 -- I can't notice any difference one way or the other

Enterolab results -- 2/15/07
Fecal Antigliladin IgA 140 (Normal Range <10 units)
Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 50 (Normal Range <10 units)
Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 517 (Normal Range <300 units)
Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 127 (Normal Range <10 units)
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 06xx
Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (subtype 5,6)
Fecal anti-ovalbumin (chicken egg) IgA antibody 11 (Normal range <10 units)
Fecal Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae (dietary yeast) IgA 11 (Normal range <10 units)
Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 119 (Normal Range < 10 units)

#40 Guest_The Weasel_*

Guest_The Weasel_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

I used to get them too after severe glutening binges. I was terrified for a long time that I somehow contracted AIDS or something because one of my idiot friends told me that was a symptom of it or that I had diabetes because my Mum gets them but blood tests ruled both out. I assume it was from glutening because it only happens then and it seems a lot of people have said the same thing.

#41 submarinerwife

submarinerwife

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:32 AM

One of the ways that the body helps detoxify itself is by sweating the toxin out, so it didn't surprise me to find that when I am glutened that I also sweat profusely. I have always sweated whenever I was sick and whenever I had an allergic reaction to anything, it is just another way that the body gets rid of all the bad stuff. Although yes it can also be related to other problems as well, so if you don't have other glutening symptoms when you experience the sweating you may have to look somewhere else. My doc. tried to tell me (pre knowing I was celiac) that I was having the sweats due to an early meno, but now that I am gluten-free my horomones are normal and I am back to having a normal (for me) monthly and no sign of meno, I still have the sweats whenever I am glutened. In fact its usually the first symptom. The other thing I noticed is that my mom is so scared of glutening herself that she sweats while she eats. Afraid that she will cc herself somehow. Just a thought that may be what some of you are experiencing as well. I hope that as she gains confidence in herself and the diet that she will do better.

#42 dally099

dally099

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:22 AM

oh my gosh, when i had to do my gluten challenge (eat gluten again for a week after being off it for allmost 4 months and see how i feel) man did i have the heat flashes and sweats. im not sure what causes it but boy was i glad to get off the gluten and start to sleep again at night and not sweat through the day.

Nadine
mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)
all this started after my hysterectomy in March of 2006
G.F. since Feb 2007
Soy free since April 2007
Blood work was negatvie (after 2 weeks of being on the gluten-free diet)

entrolab results:
Antigliadin 9 (normal <10)
HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302
HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502
HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)
carrying one celiac gene and one gluten intolerant gene
nurse at entrolab figures i caught this early and dont eat gluten anymore

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: