#1 jaimi alderson

jaimi alderson

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:33 PM

Hi there!
Does anyone know if Smuckers Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves are gluten-free? Or Land O Lakes Light Butter with Canola Oil?
Thanks!
Jaimi
Jaimi Alderson
Medford, Oregon
randomjaimi@charter.net
Mother of daughter Davis (4) & son Hannigan (1)
Positive Blood Test 3-15-06
Positive Biopsy 3-29-06
Gluten-free since 3-15-06

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lorka150

lorka150

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:19 PM

Smuckers: Smuckers has temporarily withdrawn its list of gluten free foods. According to the company, the jams, jellies, spreads, syrups, magic shell products and preserves do NOT contain any wheat, rye, oats, barley, spelt, triticale or other gluten containing grains. However, they will not call them gluten free until they can double check the possibility of cross-contamination of raw materials they receive from outside suppliers. They hope to have this information in a few more months. Their natural peanut butter IS gluten free and there is no cross contamination, according to the manufacturer.

That is the last update I have from them, last summer.
Gluten-free, Vegan

#3 Felidae

Felidae

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:39 PM

Smuckers: Smuckers has temporarily withdrawn its list of gluten free foods. According to the company, the jams, jellies, spreads, syrups, magic shell products and preserves do NOT contain any wheat, rye, oats, barley, spelt, triticale or other gluten containing grains. However, they will not call them gluten free until they can double check the possibility of cross-contamination of raw materials they receive from outside suppliers. They hope to have this information in a few more months. Their natural peanut butter IS gluten free and there is no cross contamination, according to the manufacturer.
That is the last update I have from them, last summer.

I have the same response from them, also from last year.
Tapioca intolerant
First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease
Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.
Gluten-free since June 2005
Dx with IBS February 2005
Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

#4 Deanne

Deanne

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:43 AM

I have been talking to a Christine at Smuckers since November. They have been testing all of their products and it sounds like they wanted to be sure they gave responsible information. I talked with her late last thursday and asked her to send me an email that I could post here of all their products that so far have tested gluten free. What she had told me so far is that their low sugar jams are ok which is a product I use. Also their berry flavored pancake syrups are ok too which is another thing we use. Their Adams and Jiff and other natural peanut butters are gluten free. Also I don't have to keep Adams in the fridge anymore!

If I recall correctly the problem is the jellies may contain wheat. I have had several conversations with Christine and she calls me when she finds out new updated info (she even keeps a sticky with my name and phone number on her monitor). I am very concerned about CC and so are they and they wanted to make sure that when they say it is gluten free it really is. They have gone back to their vendors and done inspections and tests. I was impressed.

When I get more infor I will pass it on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: