Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Smuckers/land O Lakes

4 posts in this topic

Hi there!

Does anyone know if Smuckers Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves are gluten-free? Or Land O Lakes Light Butter with Canola Oil?

Thanks!

Jaimi

Ads by Google:

Smuckers: Smuckers has temporarily withdrawn its list of gluten free foods. According to the company, the jams, jellies, spreads, syrups, magic shell products and preserves do NOT contain any wheat, rye, oats, barley, spelt, triticale or other gluten containing grains. However, they will not call them gluten free until they can double check the possibility of cross-contamination of raw materials they receive from outside suppliers. They hope to have this information in a few more months. Their natural peanut butter IS gluten free and there is no cross contamination, according to the manufacturer.

That is the last update I have from them, last summer.

Smuckers: Smuckers has temporarily withdrawn its list of gluten free foods. According to the company, the jams, jellies, spreads, syrups, magic shell products and preserves do NOT contain any wheat, rye, oats, barley, spelt, triticale or other gluten containing grains. However, they will not call them gluten free until they can double check the possibility of cross-contamination of raw materials they receive from outside suppliers. They hope to have this information in a few more months. Their natural peanut butter IS gluten free and there is no cross contamination, according to the manufacturer.

That is the last update I have from them, last summer.

I have the same response from them, also from last year.

I have been talking to a Christine at Smuckers since November. They have been testing all of their products and it sounds like they wanted to be sure they gave responsible information. I talked with her late last thursday and asked her to send me an email that I could post here of all their products that so far have tested gluten free. What she had told me so far is that their low sugar jams are ok which is a product I use. Also their berry flavored pancake syrups are ok too which is another thing we use. Their Adams and Jiff and other natural peanut butters are gluten free. Also I don't have to keep Adams in the fridge anymore!

If I recall correctly the problem is the jellies may contain wheat. I have had several conversations with Christine and she calls me when she finds out new updated info (she even keeps a sticky with my name and phone number on her monitor). I am very concerned about CC and so are they and they wanted to make sure that when they say it is gluten free it really is. They have gone back to their vendors and done inspections and tests. I was impressed.

When I get more infor I will pass it on.