Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Sonic Drive In

27 posts in this topic

• ha ha - i saw the name of this thread and LOL'd - i would never ever ever ever ever eat at sonic.  i would forage for grubs and berries if my only other option was sonic.  3 out of my 4 kids worked there and (even before i was dx'd) they have no clue on how to keep you safe.  the place is known for getting orders out fast fast fast - carhops and staff are timed!!  even if somebody did have a good knowledge of gluten-free, some other high school kid working there would spread crumbs on your stuff in a rush to get orders out.  the ice cream?  seriously?  

no!  no sonic!  sonic bad!

Lol! I would forage for grubs and berries too, ha. The place is a NIGHTMARE. You cannot eat at a sonic without getting gluten. The shakes ARE NOT SAFE. Maybe the cokes, but why bother because you'll just be tempted to get chili cheese tots or some other atrocity.

Ads by Google:

I live in Shawnee Oklahoma where sonic originated.  we have 5 sonics in my town!!  I usually get limeades( cherry, strawberry), cherry vanilla dr. Pepper, and I have drank a couple of slushes.  Also have drank Coke.  I eat sonic blasts and have never gotten sick.  The only food I have ever eaten there was tater tots and I got sicker than a dog 5 minutes into eating.  I never even thought about them cooking those in the same Fryer as rings.  I will stick to blasts and drinks.  I have also drank shakes and never gotten sick.  While I am writing this my wife is getting us blasts!!!