#1 HAPPY DOG SUZ

HAPPY DOG SUZ

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 07:59 PM

:huh:Aloha,
I was just wondering, I just started this gluten free diet and I have felt like I have the flu! does this happen to some at first like they're detoxing maybe? Suzanne

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 06:00 PM

I felt like I had the flu for about 4 months before I started the gluten-free diet. I have now been on the gluten free diet for about 6 months and there are still days when I feel like I have the flu (like today for instance <_< )
I'm not sure why it feels like I have the flu but I hope it goes away for good someday.
-Carrie
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#3 Niteyx13

Niteyx13

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 07:16 PM

Suzanne,
How I felt was different day by day. I had great days with lots of energy and days that I felt the flu thing too. However, now that I am back on gluten for awhile (for testing) I can see how much better I felt while gluten-free. I am actually looking forward to going gluten-free again! Keep it up; cuz it will definately take time. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Deanna

#4 FreyaUSA

FreyaUSA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 04:14 AM

The same thing happened to my 15 year old. Prior to going gluten-free, he had "seasonal allergies." For almost the first two weeks of being on a gluten-free diet, he felt miserable (the symptoms seemed to become 100x worse, he really thought he'd caught something dreadful.) It cleared up as well as all his seasonal allergies, so have hope! Now, however, one of the first signs he has that he's eaten something is he starts to sneeze. Depending on how much, he'll develop that flu again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: