8 replies to this topic

#1 StrongerToday

StrongerToday

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:21 AM

Thank you for contacting Chili's for information on menu items that would be suitable for
your dietary needs.

At Chili's, a top priority is always the health and safety of our guests. As part of this
ongoing commitment, we provide the most current allergen menu information available
from our food suppliers on the eight most common allergens to help our guests with food
allergies to make informed food selections. Below is a link to suggested menu items for
Egg, Fish, Dairy, Peanuts, Shellfish, Soy, Tree Nuts, and Wheat/Gluten allergens.

Because this list expires on a MONTHLY basis, please be sure to contact us for an
updated version or please bookmark the below link and check it at the first of every
month. We hope that you are able to choose a meal to your liking and look forward to
serving you soon.

http://www.brinker.c...is Allergen.PDF

Chili's
Guest Relations
Ev in Michigan

GFDF since 8/20/05
Negative Bloodwork ~
Dr. encourages me to trust my
"Gut Reaction"

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 almostnrn

almostnrn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:46 AM

Wow that is awesome and I love the idea that they are updating it on a monthly basis. Good for Chili's, its nice to see them stepping up!
Amy

Diagnosed by biopsy with DH August 2005
Diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism December 2005
Diagnosed by biopsy with Celiac July 2006

#3 StrongerToday

StrongerToday

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:34 AM

I thought so too! And the menu actually had a decent selection. And I can get the potato soup :rolleyes:
Ev in Michigan

GFDF since 8/20/05
Negative Bloodwork ~
Dr. encourages me to trust my
"Gut Reaction"

#4 annacsmom

annacsmom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:49 AM

I have eaten at Chili's several times now, since I discovered their online updated menu. Their chicken caesar salad is delicious, and my daughter had the potato soup. I only asked them to mix the salad separately, of course.

#5 VegasCeliacBuckeye

VegasCeliacBuckeye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:06 AM

Chili's Baked Potato Soup is seriously good!

I love how they serve it with bacon and cheese on top of the soup!

#6 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:34 PM

I love that this is now ONLINE!! You used to have to call them every month to get the info :) Way to go Chilis!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#7 tiffjake

tiffjake

Life is good....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:25 PM

I love that this is now ONLINE!! You used to have to call them every month to get the info :) Way to go Chilis!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Yeah, that is totally helpful. I printed it out at New Years and took it with me to my local Chilis so I could have dinner with friends there. I got the Margarita Chicken without tortilla strips and it was Really Good!!!!
EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes
DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005
Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.
THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

#8 TCA

TCA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:52 AM

I tried to eat at a Chili's in downtown Chattanooga, TN last night and they were completely dismissive of me and told me that they couldn't do anything gluten-free. I asked to talk to the manager and was told he was busy. Needless to say, we won't go back there. We went to Outback instead and had a Wonderful experience. I'll try a different Chili's sometime, but not that one. Thanks for the info.
If you're looking for info on how to get started on the gluten-free diet, check out this List for Newly Diagnosed.
Self - Pain free since going gluten-free 9/05 (suffered from unexplained joint pain entire life), asthma improving, allergies improving, mysterious rash disappeared (probably DH)
Husband - Type 1 diabetic, Negative bloodwork
Son - Elevated IgA, Very high IgG, 2 negative biopsies - HLA DQ2 and DQ8 positive, Amazing dietary response since 1/06
Daughter - Congenital Heart Defect (2 surgeries), Reflux, choking issues, eczema, egg allergy - HLA DQ2 positive, Good dietary response (via me because of nursing) since 9/05
"All things happen for good for those who love God..." Romans 8:28

#9 Cougar09

Cougar09

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:42 PM

wow I can't believe Chillis has so many good reviews on here. My experience tonight was horrible. I went there with a big group of friends to celebrate a birthday. I had checked online prior to going to make sure they had a gluten-free menu, which they do. Once I got there though, the waiter had no idea what I was talking about and it took him almost 20 minutes to finally find one, well after everyone else had already ordered. I had already gotten sick from Outback and Bugaboo around here (probably from cross-contamination), so I was trying to be cautious. I decided to just get some mashed potatoes with cheese. Well, the ignorant waiter brought out some mashed potatoes covered in GRAVY. When I told him I couldn't eat that, and that it said so very clearly on the gluten-free menu he had given me, he just replied "Well how was I supposed to know gluten was in that." He left the plate of potatoes on the table and left to get everyone else's food. 15 minutes later he brought out a new plate of potatoes... no cheese. I was so hungry by then I just ate it and tried to not make a scene. I was so annoyed by this waiter's arrogance, I don't think I will ever eat there again. I would have said something to the manager if I wasn't out with a group of people, but honestly... when the waiters aren't even educated on the special cooking needs of some of their customers it's pretty scary!! Beware of Chillis.
21 yr. old female
Eastern Upstate N.Y.
Diagnosed 1/1/07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: