1 reply to this topic

#1 celiacgirls

celiacgirls

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:37 PM

My 9 year old daughter has become extremely anxious in the past few weeks. I'm not sure if it is anxiety related or just ADD, but she has also been unable to do her homework without taking hours. Not only is she whining about how hard it is instead of doing it, but she does seem unable to do simple math problems. Before she went gluten-free, she had a hard time settling down to do homework but she was able to do it when she did.

She is also soy intolerant and she had some soy about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I suspect she has a problem with peanuts and she had peanuts as recently as a week ago.

I've been waiting for the effects to wear off if that is what it is but it isn't getting any better. Do you think she could still be reacting to the peanuts and/or the soy? Or should I try removing eggs and see if she is intolerant to that? My husband thinks I am crazy to be even thinking about taking more foods away from her.

It seems to me that every time we remove a food, there is a short period of her being extremely calm. So it seems to me she could be developing other intolerances. What do you think?
Karen

gluten free 4/06
casein free 7/06
DQ1, DQ8

Daughter (11) gluten free 5/06, casein free 6/06

Daughter (9) gluten free 3/06, casein free 7/06, soy free, trying peanut free
vegetarian
gluten lite on and off since 1999

All dx'ed by Enterolab

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 smithy4

smithy4

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:47 PM

My 9 year old daughter has become extremely anxious in the past few weeks. I'm not sure if it is anxiety related or just ADD, but she has also been unable to do her homework without taking hours. Not only is she whining about how hard it is instead of doing it, but she does seem unable to do simple math problems. Before she went gluten-free, she had a hard time settling down to do homework but she was able to do it when she did.

She is also soy intolerant and she had some soy about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I suspect she has a problem with peanuts and she had peanuts as recently as a week ago.

I've been waiting for the effects to wear off if that is what it is but it isn't getting any better. Do you think she could still be reacting to the peanuts and/or the soy? Or should I try removing eggs and see if she is intolerant to that? My husband thinks I am crazy to be even thinking about taking more foods away from her.

It seems to me that every time we remove a food, there is a short period of her being extremely calm. So it seems to me she could be developing other intolerances. What do you think?

Hi
I had to do the same for my child, B still had lots of symptoms even after 2yrs gluten/dairy free then I read a book about the SCD diet. It was the best thing I did!! The day I put her on that diet she was pain free with no behaviour changes throughout the day. Then gradually I started to reintroduce foods now I know all legume beans, soya and all soya derivatives as well as rice cause problems if eaten in to large a quantity. May be this will put your mind at rest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: