This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Red Bridge Beer

francelajoie

francelajoie Explorer

Anyone had this yet? It is so good...the best I've had so far. I'm so happy, the beer store down the street now carries Red Bridge and Bard's Tale. I have a choice!!!

The restaurant we LOOOVE to go carries Red Bridge. :D

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

I have to agree, RedBridge is by far the best gluten free beer I have tried!! YAY

rmmadden Contributor

Found Redbridge @ Giant Eagle in Cleveland. It's good. It's also good to have some choices especially outside of the health food store route. Paid $7.90 for a six pack.

Cleveland Bob ;)

killernj13 Enthusiast

I still think Bards Tale is better but Redbridge is good as well. I think this one will survive due to the fact it is made by Anheuser Busch.

Hopefully, it will be more readily available then the others.

hez Enthusiast

I tried to buy this today and they were out. I am not a huge beer drinker but wanted to compare it to New Grist, which I like. The liquor guy said that the Red Bridge has been very popular and that A-Busch underestimated how popular it would be. He cannot get the stock he wants and if he does it is gone quickly. Just glad to see it sell!

Hez

Guest lorlyn
:P My husband and I both loved the new Red Bridge beer. At the Publics I go to the beer rep say's he has 4 customers that buy a case each, each week. So now we are customer number 5 to buy a case a week. I think my husband will now live....
Mahee34 Enthusiast

I finally got the Redbridge...and it tastes great...like normal beer...which is a taste I'm definitely going to have to acquire :) but the hilarious thing is that my friends saw beer in the fridge and just went to town and LOVED it, I was like HEY THAT'S MINE!!! they were shocked that it tasted "normal" :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mtndog Collaborator

That is awesome- my friend who owns a liquor store started carrying it because it was less expensive than Bard's tale.

I have a question though. If beer is on draft, as opposed to bottled, we probably couldn't drink it? :blink: Are all the tap lines the same?

maybe it won't matter as you'll just get it bottled in a bar. Just thinking out loud.

lorka150 Collaborator

please tell me it tastes like kilkenny.

Mahee34 Enthusiast

I don't know what KilKenny is...BUT I did find out that gluten-free DOES NOT mean hangover free ....hah :P

taweavmo3 Enthusiast

I have to agree about Redbridge....good stuff. I'm not incredibly picky about beer, I was just happy to have something else to drink since I can't tolerate wine. But my husband is picky, and even he thought it was pretty good.

What's even better, is that I can buy it at Walmart!

• 11 months later...
dave1941 Newbie

Yes!! I recently saw the Red Bridge Beer in the health section at the grocery store. I didn't buy it because I didn't want to pay $9.00 for a six-pack on something I may not like. Thanks for your input!! I'll try it next time. At this point I'm not sure I have celiac disease. I'm currently doing the self-proclaimed detective work. Thanks, Dave

dave1941 Newbie
Yes!! I recently saw the Red Bridge Beer in the health section at the grocery store. I didn't buy it because I didn't want to pay $9.00 for a six-pack on something I may not like. Thanks for your input!! I'll try it next time. At this point I'm not sure I have celiac disease. I'm currently doing the self-proclaimed detective work. Thanks, Dave
wildkat Rookie

I haven't seen any of the other beers mentioned here but everyone is right. To me it tastes like a Fat Tire when I thought I was able to drink anything but preferred a little better quality. It has that micro-brewery taste...a good flavor. I used to make pale ale and a few others. I wonder if they have a gluten-free beer kit to make?

Rvbert0 Newbie

I was a big fan of it until I found out that each beer was 174 calories and 20 grams carbs.

-That's like drinking 2 Miller Lites (which I can handle fine). But interesting enough, I only seem to really respond well to Miller Lite.

ThatlldoGyp Rookie

I just got a 6 pack of that... trying it tonight. I can't get Bard's Tale yet, but I'm trying. I hesitate to try anything made by A-B, though, but since my choices are limited, I'm going to try it.

If you like a lighter tasting beer New Grist is okay (like Bud or along those lines) as well. I like to mix it with a dark and dry cider to give it a bit more "oomph"

If anyone likes and misses microbrews, then i whole heartedly suggest Green's Ales. It is from Belgium and a bit expensive, but at 7% abv, you only need one, lol! The owner/brewer is also a celiac! I have tried the dubble and the tripple,and they are fantastic and in my opinion, the gold standard for US gluten-free brewers to strive for. I hope the US distributor will carry more variety soon. Here is a link to the website: (and no, I don't work for them.... yet, lol!)

Open Original Shared Link

VioletBlue Contributor

One of the advantages to Redbridge I've discovered is that it's made by anheuser busch. While no store within an hours drive of me stocks it, I was able to ask a small local market if they could order me a case. It turns out not to be a problem. Just about every store that carries beer receives AB deliveries on a regular basis. If the driver doesn't have it on the truck, he can get it next time around. Yes the store tacked on overhead, but I'm so thrilled to have something to drink I don't care. And a case is going to last me a while since I only drink one or two a week.

Violet

VioletBlue Contributor

Oh and I was surprised by how good it tasted. I was prepared to grin and bear it if I had to, but it's actually very good :D

• 2 months later...
SeanInNYC Newbie

Everyone's tastes are different, but Redbridge is definitely a drinkable beer.

My personal favorite is New Grist, but if I can't find it, Redbridge is definitely a decent alternative.

There's something special about being able to bring a six pack of beer to a football tailagate, as opposed to a bottle of Chopin Vodka.

Drinking beer at 10AM in a parking lot is OK. Vodka will get you some looks.

Archived