3 replies to this topic

#1 e&j0304

e&j0304

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:16 AM

I have been trying to figure out what constitutes this type of stool. My son's stools are often shiny, somewhat oily looking but I always thought that was normal. I read somewhere that it's oily if it leaves a stain on the diaper, but wouldn't all stool leave a stain on the diaper?

Thanks for any info you can provide about this lovely topic! :P

We are going to see a new GI at the end of the month and wanted to know about this first.

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Juliet

Juliet

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 12:42 PM

With my son, it kind of looked like around the firmer portion of the stool was a slime that was similar to oil mixed with mucous. Also, it does stain more than regular stool. We normally flush the stool down the toilet, so we would actually see the oil stick to the diaper while the firmer portion would go down. The greasy, oily stool, when it occurs, is relatively easy to remove from the diaper minus the oily part since it has a firm portion; this is unlike loose stool or diarrhea.

Sorry for the VERY descriptive response!

#3 e&j0304

e&j0304

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:13 PM

Thanks for responding. I'm so used to talking about/thinking about poop now that nothing bothers me anymore!

I really don't think my son's stools are anything to worry about, but I guess we'll see. He has these types of stool while gluten free. He has straight diarrhea on gluten. We are tryng to figure out what exactly is wrong with him. He also has pretty bad reflux so we're going to see a new GI to try to figure it out.

Thanks again!

#4 Juliet

Juliet

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

Our son was having bouts of diarrhea, sticky stools, and greasy stools for the first 3 months once we started being gluten free, though by the end not as frequently as when he was on gluten. It's hard to tell sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: