2 replies to this topic

#1 surfgolden

surfgolden

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:32 AM

Does anyone know the status of Goetze's Caramel Cremes? The are the individually wrapped round caramels with a powdered sugar based candy in the middle. If you like them, you love them and they are addictive. So, are they safe or not?
Thanks in advance.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 runnerjen

runnerjen

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:02 AM

Does anyone know the status of Goetze's Caramel Cremes? The are the individually wrapped round caramels with a powdered sugar based candy in the middle. If you like them, you love them and they are addictive. So, are they safe or not?
Thanks in advance.

Definitely not gluten-free. The first ingredient is wheat flour. I was sad to learn this as well, they were one of my favorite candies.

INGREDIENTS: WHEAT FLOUR, CORN SYRUP, DEXTROSE, SUGAR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, MODIFIED WHEY, SKIM MILK, CREAM, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SALT, LECITHIN, CORN STARCH, AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS. CONTAINS WHEAT, MILK, AND SOY INGREDIENT
Gluten-Free December 2006-February 2007, then told ok to stop. Now here I am again, Gluten-Free since April 2008.

I did it! I ran my first Half Marathon at Disney on 1/6/07 for the Arthritis Foundation!

#3 surfgolden

surfgolden

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:06 AM

[[quote]quote name='runnerjen' date='Feb 5 2007, 11:02 AM' post='266364']Definitely not gluten-free. The first ingredient is wheat flour. I was sad to learn this as well, they were one of my favorite candies.

INGREDIENTS: WHEAT FLOUR, CORN SYRUP, DEXTROSE, SUGAR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, MODIFIED WHEY, SKIM MILK, CREAM, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SALT, LECITHIN, CORN STARCH, AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS. CONTAINS WHEAT, MILK, AND SOY INGREDIENT[/quote]
[quote][/quote][/quote]

Bummer about the caramel cremes!!! Thanks for the quick response and congratulations on completing the half marathon!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: