23 replies to this topic

#16 Kathy S

Kathy S

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:14 AM

Hi Lexis! I've just joined this great international forum..I'm italian(diagnosed celiac in 2002)and I live in Rome,I will help you as I can,let me know your itinerary..so I'll search for info also in the italian forum. Write me soon,bye :)

Hi I'm Kathy-our family is also looking forward to a May June trip in Italy-Rome , Venice and Florence.

Thank you for the links
Do you happen to know the name of the new Gluten free store chain that is mentioned in this thread? I'm happy to know that a pharmacy is the proper place to go for food items as well.
I'm unfortunately also allergic to corn among the many food allergies, does anyone know what brand names I might want to look for?

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Lexis

Lexis

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:28 AM

I'm leaving for Italy next wednesday, we are traveling to Rome, Venice, and Florence, any last minunte suggestions of where to go and what to bring would be great! Thanks!

#18 amber

amber

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:35 AM

Hi Lexis! I've just joined this great international forum..I'm italian(diagnosed celiac in 2002)and I live in Rome,I will help you as I can,let me know your itinerary..so I'll search for info also in the italian forum. Write me soon,bye :)

Ciao Quasar,

I have read your posts and it is very interesting to hear from someone in Italy. I too am from Australia (Melbourne) and I have a daughter who is 10 years old and a celiac. We are thinking of going to Italy sometime but I am concerned about the food of course for my daughter. I have hearda that in Italy there is good awareness of celiac disease in most places. Is that true? How easy is it to find gluten free food to buy? How easy is it to go into a restaurant and get a gluten free meal?

It is interesting that you buy Orgran products there. I know that they export to Italy and the owners of the company here in Melbourne are of Italian background. I am lucky as the factory is not that far from where I live and we can go there and buy their products cheaply.

My parents are both Italian. My Mum is from Gorizia and my Dad is from Lipari. I can understand the language as long as people don't speak too fast but I am not very good at speaking Italian except for the basics.

I hope that one day you get a chance to come to Australia. Start saving your money nowl. Do you have any relatives in Australia as it seems many Italians do.

Here is a cute link for you that I found the other day. It is of a swimming kangaroo.

http://www.coralbay.org/solo.htm

Grazie

#19 amber

amber

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:37 AM

I'm leaving for Italy next wednesday, we are traveling to Rome, Venice, and Florence, any last minunte suggestions of where to go and what to bring would be great! Thanks!

Hi Lexis,

Have a wonderful trip and don't forget to come back and let us all know how you manged over there with food. Don't worry as I have heard good reports about Italy and I am sure that you won't starve. You can always eat plenty of gelati.

#20 Lexis

Lexis

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:14 AM

I'm leaving this afternoon, any last minute suggestions would be great. Wish me luck!

#21 Ms. Celiac

Ms. Celiac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:25 AM

Hi Everyone,

In August, I will be in Milan and Venice. I was wondering if anyone has any restaurant suggestions for either of these cities that accommodate a gluten free diet?

I've already called the hotel that I'm staying at in Venice (Hotel Cipriani) and they said that it is not a problem and that they will alert both the concierge and the head chef of their restaurants. I've been told that they have gluten free bread, pizza, and pasta at their restaurants. I still need to contact my hotel in Milan.

So does anyone know any gluten free restaurants, ice cream / gelato shoppes, etc.?

#22 mattagli

mattagli

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:18 AM

My name is MATTEO, I am italian and I have just move in US from Italy few weeks ago.... today is my first time in this forum.... but if u have question about gluteen free foods, restaurant and so on.... please let me know !! I will be happy to help u ....and u will love my country even if u eat gluten free PIZZA!! ;) ...
CIAO e a presto!

#23 GlamourGetaways

GlamourGetaways

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:32 PM

If you find yourself craving a substantial Gluten Free Meal, telephone the Italian Celiac Association at: 892424 (from Italy only).

When telephoning this number you will gain access to an English language and a text message system with the name(s) and telephone number(s) of Italian Celiac Association informed venues serving a gluten-free menu in the area . You provide them with your area and they will either tell or text you the location of the nearest gluten free serving establishment.

When calling you must state or type both of these two keywords together: A.I.C. (Italian Celiac Association) informed and gluten-free menu.(*)

The Eating Out Project was set up because the Italian Celiac Association needed to create a chain of venues informed about celiac disease which would be able to offer a service suitable for the dietary
requirements of celiacs.

In order to become a member of the chain the venue must have satisfied the following requirements:

* Participated at a Basic Course organized by the AIC on coeliac disease and the gluten-free diet
* Completed their training with subsequent meetings/courses supervised by their Regional AIC
branch
* Receive up-to-date AIC information material
* Allow periodic check-ups by their Regional AIC branch
* Use products that are approved by the Italian Ministry of Health, listed in the National Register of
Gluten-Free Food of the Ministry of Health and/or products present in the AIC Food and Drink
Handbook latest edition
* Have a menu suitable for celiacs
* Guarantee that NO contamination with gluten takes place from the preparation process through to
the moment the food is served at the table
* Guarantee that NO contamination with gluten takes place from the preparation process through to
the moment that the ice-cream is served
the moment that the breakfast is served in a Bed and Breakfast establishment

Joanna
http://www.glamourgetaways.com
http://www.glamourge...gf@blogspot.com

#24 CathleenAnna

CathleenAnna

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

Hello and I am so glad to find this link!

Would anyone have any specific recommendations for restaurants, pizza, or grocery stores in Ischia, Italy?
I will be traveling with my family to Ischia with perhaps some side trips to Florence and Agropoli in June. My 8 year old daughter and I are recently diagnosed with Celiac...this will be our first big trip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: