Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Weather

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys. It's freezing her in Wisconsin. -2 F can you believe that? I'm cracking!

Anyways, I need a good lotion and before I was diagnosed I always used the Eucerin products like Aquaphor, etc...

They aren't open yet to call and I haven't seen anything on their site in their FAQ's.

Do you guys know if their products are gluten-free?

(For instance, right now I"m only using Cetaphil gentle cleanser because that's the only one that's gluten-free...)

Ads by Google:

Hi - I'm just posting this again to see if anyone answers...?

I've been using "avon moisture theraphy Intensive hand cream" I emailed them and was told its safe. Its amazing stuff, my hands get so bad they would bleed, now they're so soft. I order on line, its in a white tube, blue lettering 4.2 oz.

my hubby has rosacea, nothing the dr gave him helped, he used this on his face and it all went away in 2 days!!

hope this helps :D

FYI - I was told by Eucerin today that they can't guarantee any of their products are gluten-free (incl. aquaphor).

I highly recommend Burt's Bees Hand Salve! I also use Vaselin Intensive Therapy. I have very dry skin.

I've been using ST.Ives Extreme Relief Intensive Healing Advanced Therapy Lotion. (Unscented . Hypo-Allergenic) It is one of the few lotions that feels soothing to me. Early I had posted a reply that I had received from St. Ives that listed all their products that contain gluten and this WAS NOT on that list.

I've been using ST.Ives Extreme Relief Intensive Healing Advanced Therapy Lotion. (Unscented . Hypo-Allergenic) It is one of the few lotions that feels soothing to me. Early I had posted a reply that I had received from St. Ives that listed all their products that contain gluten and this WAS NOT on that list.

I use Udderly Smooth Udder Cream on my hands. It's gluten-free, it's thick, but isn't at all greasy. http://www.uddercream.com/

For my body, I use Amlactin, which used to only be available with a prescription. You can usually find it near the pharmacy, or you can ask for it. It is gluten-free as well as corn free :)

http://www.upsher-smith.com/products/amlac...amlactinfaq.htm

"(For instance, right now I"m only using Cetaphil gentle cleanser because that's the only one that's gluten-free...)"

Is this really the ONLY gluten free cleanser?

Why do we need to use gluten-fre body products? Gluten doesn't absorb through the skin does it? Is it just the risk of having it on your hands and therefore contaminating food? :huh:

"(For instance, right now I"m only using Cetaphil gentle cleanser because that's the only one that's gluten-free...)"

Is this really the ONLY gluten free cleanser?

No, perhaps she meant that the cleanser is the only *Cetaphil* product that is gluten-free. There are many gluten-free facial cleansers out there.

I use Zia Moisturizing Cleanser. It can be found at health food stores, Whole Foods and Wegman's Natural Marketplace.

There are also many other widely available brands.

I cook a lot, and wash my hands a lot, which doesn't help with dry skin. Rather than use hand lotion all the time, just to be quickly washed away, I keep a small container of a mixture of coconut oil and olive oil and use this generously while I'm in the kitchen. It's "food" so I feel I'm not contaminating my food with lotion ingredients (however safe) and is dirt cheap. It's nice on my lips, too.

When I'm not cooking, I use Savonnerie lotion www.gfsoap.com and Badger Balm (similar to Burt's Bee's balms). Both these products contain no gluten and no corn derivatives (which is usually in the vitamin E/C/A, etc.). Badger makes a lip balm, too, that's safe for those with corn allergies.

BadgerBalm

Why do we need to use gluten-fre body products? Gluten doesn't absorb through the skin does it? Is it just the risk of having it on your hands and therefore contaminating food? :huh:

You're right about gluten not being absorbed through the skin. I use gluten-free lotion because I'm always putting it on may hands and sometimes I'll put my finger in my mouth to bite off a hang nail....

It's just an extra precaution.