12 replies to this topic

#1 AmandaD

AmandaD

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:57 AM

Hi guys. It's freezing her in Wisconsin. -2 F can you believe that? I'm cracking!

Anyways, I need a good lotion and before I was diagnosed I always used the Eucerin products like Aquaphor, etc...

They aren't open yet to call and I haven't seen anything on their site in their FAQ's.

Do you guys know if their products are gluten-free?

(For instance, right now I"m only using Cetaphil gentle cleanser because that's the only one that's gluten-free...)
Amanda
Positive TTG 9/05
Positive endoscopy 9/05
Doing well with "Sprue"

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 AmandaD

AmandaD

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:40 AM

Hi - I'm just posting this again to see if anyone answers...?
Amanda
Positive TTG 9/05
Positive endoscopy 9/05
Doing well with "Sprue"

#3 ebrbetty

ebrbetty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:53 AM

I've been using "avon moisture theraphy Intensive hand cream" I emailed them and was told its safe. Its amazing stuff, my hands get so bad they would bleed, now they're so soft. I order on line, its in a white tube, blue lettering 4.2 oz.
my hubby has rosacea, nothing the dr gave him helped, he used this on his face and it all went away in 2 days!!
hope this helps :D
~Betty

#4 AmandaD

AmandaD

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:25 PM

FYI - I was told by Eucerin today that they can't guarantee any of their products are gluten-free (incl. aquaphor).
Amanda
Positive TTG 9/05
Positive endoscopy 9/05
Doing well with "Sprue"

#5 lorka150

lorka150

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:43 PM

I highly recommend Burt's Bees Hand Salve! I also use Vaselin Intensive Therapy. I have very dry skin.
Gluten-free, Vegan

#6 wowzer

wowzer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:01 PM

I've been using ST.Ives Extreme Relief Intensive Healing Advanced Therapy Lotion. (Unscented . Hypo-Allergenic) It is one of the few lotions that feels soothing to me. Early I had posted a reply that I had received from St. Ives that listed all their products that contain gluten and this WAS NOT on that list.

#7 wowzer

wowzer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:05 PM

I've been using ST.Ives Extreme Relief Intensive Healing Advanced Therapy Lotion. (Unscented . Hypo-Allergenic) It is one of the few lotions that feels soothing to me. Early I had posted a reply that I had received from St. Ives that listed all their products that contain gluten and this WAS NOT on that list.

#8 runnerjen

runnerjen

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:04 AM

I use Udderly Smooth Udder Cream on my hands. It's gluten-free, it's thick, but isn't at all greasy. http://www.uddercream.com/

For my body, I use Amlactin, which used to only be available with a prescription. You can usually find it near the pharmacy, or you can ask for it. It is gluten-free as well as corn free :)
http://www.upsher-sm...amlactinfaq.htm
Gluten-Free December 2006-February 2007, then told ok to stop. Now here I am again, Gluten-Free since April 2008.

I did it! I ran my first Half Marathon at Disney on 1/6/07 for the Arthritis Foundation!

#9 Guest_KG in FL_*

Guest_KG in FL_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:22 AM

"(For instance, right now I"m only using Cetaphil gentle cleanser because that's the only one that's gluten-free...)"

Is this really the ONLY gluten free cleanser?

#10 cajun celiac

cajun celiac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:39 AM

Why do we need to use gluten-fre body products? Gluten doesn't absorb through the skin does it? Is it just the risk of having it on your hands and therefore contaminating food? :huh:
Jillian
Pearland, Tx by way of Lafayette, LA

Positive Biopsy - Dec 06
gluten-free - Jan 07

#11 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:39 AM

"(For instance, right now I"m only using Cetaphil gentle cleanser because that's the only one that's gluten-free...)"

Is this really the ONLY gluten free cleanser?

No, perhaps she meant that the cleanser is the only *Cetaphil* product that is gluten-free. There are many gluten-free facial cleansers out there.

I use Zia Moisturizing Cleanser. It can be found at health food stores, Whole Foods and Wegman's Natural Marketplace.

There are also many other widely available brands.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#12 ArtGirl

ArtGirl

Winter Forest - watercolor

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:44 AM

I cook a lot, and wash my hands a lot, which doesn't help with dry skin. Rather than use hand lotion all the time, just to be quickly washed away, I keep a small container of a mixture of coconut oil and olive oil and use this generously while I'm in the kitchen. It's "food" so I feel I'm not contaminating my food with lotion ingredients (however safe) and is dirt cheap. It's nice on my lips, too.

When I'm not cooking, I use Savonnerie lotion www.gfsoap.com and Badger Balm (similar to Burt's Bee's balms). Both these products contain no gluten and no corn derivatives (which is usually in the vitamin E/C/A, etc.). Badger makes a lip balm, too, that's safe for those with corn allergies.
BadgerBalm
Valda
Enterolab results: ...two genes for gluten intolerance ...casein intolerance
other sensitivities: corn, eggs, soy, potato, tapioca
Hypoglycemic
Sensitivity to high EMFs [electromagnetic frequency] (limits my time in front of the computer)
Living a healthier, happier life.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.Psalm 139: 9,10

#13 Felidae

Felidae

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:40 PM

Why do we need to use gluten-fre body products? Gluten doesn't absorb through the skin does it? Is it just the risk of having it on your hands and therefore contaminating food? :huh:

You're right about gluten not being absorbed through the skin. I use gluten-free lotion because I'm always putting it on may hands and sometimes I'll put my finger in my mouth to bite off a hang nail....

It's just an extra precaution.
Tapioca intolerant
First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease
Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.
Gluten-free since June 2005
Dx with IBS February 2005
Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: