This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Scrambled Eggs

edd

edd Newbie

After reading that scrambled eggs and gluten-free tortillas are a good combination I decided to have a go. (Bear in mind I've never scrambled an egg or eaten a tortilla until today). I don't really like the taste of eggs but it came out very nice and I will be making it again. It was tricky to eat without egg spilling out everywhere though, so I'm after some tips.

Is there a good method to scramble an egg? I whisked 2 large eggs with 1 teaspoon of milk in a bowl, tipped it into a non stick pan (to which the egg proceeded to stick :lol:) waited for the bottom to look non-liquid then mixed it about a bit with a spatula.

Should the tortilla wrap all the way around the eggs or just fold once. The problem I had was the preparation for soft tortillas, 30 seconds in the microwave with a few drops of water, produced a tortilla which was anything but soft and so wrapping was a problem.

Are there any good toppings you can recommend? I had a bit of maple syrup which was delicious but a bit of variety couldn't hurt.

Thanks for any tips!

Edd

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Salsa and Cheese........just like a breakfast burrito from mc'd's except without the gluten :)

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Guhlia Rising Star

Gluten free bacon

Ketchup

Onions and cheese

Cheese

Green peppers and onions

ham cubes

tater tots

lovegrov Collaborator

Add salt and pepper with the milk. And spray the pan with Pam, even a non-stick pan.

richard

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Broncos Tips for a Better Breakfast Burrito

1. Use a non-stick pan

2. Pam the pan

3. Put the pan on medium low heat (never high heat for eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

4. Whisk 2-3 eggs and add some peppers or onions

5. Pour the eggs in.

6. Let the eggs cook for a minute or 2

7. Then start pushing the cooked eggs toward the middle and allowing the uncooked liquid to touch the pan where the cooked eggs used to be (on the oustide of the pan)

8. Repeat cooking process until liquid is gone.

9. Add cheese

10. Take a corn tortilla, wrap it in a paper towel, microwave for 20-30 seconds. Add eggs immediately

Add Salsa and eat

Sweetfudge Community Regular

I cook my tortillas by sandwiching them between a damp paper towel, and warming for about 20 seconds. You don't want to COOK the tortilla, just get it warm. Otherwise it will get hard. I always add a bit of cheese to my eggs, as I don't particularly love the taste either. Good luck!

edd Newbie

I tried the damp paper towel trick and that really improved the tortilla. This time it was salt and pepper with the eggs and that tasted nice as well.

I haven't eaten cheese for years (and then it was cheese spread, not real cheese) so I've no idea if I'll like it but its worth a try!

Thanks for the hints,

Edd

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

chocolatelover Contributor

So does anyone know what kinds of tortillas are gluten free? I'd love to add them back into my diet!

Thanks,

CL

Guhlia Rising Star

Mission corn tortillas are gluten free and very good. They're marked gluten free right on the bag. They sell them at Wal-mart.

chocolatelover Contributor

Thanks, Angie!

Archived