Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Raisins

10 posts in this topic

has anyone else has a sensitivity to raisins, even though Sun Maid assures me they're gluten-free? I have been eating them assuming it's ok but still not feeling good after. Of course it could be any one of the other 561486745 issues involved w/celiac, but I thought I'd get some feedback before cutting them out.

Ads by Google:
has anyone else has a sensitivity to raisins, even though Sun Maid assures me they're gluten-free? I have been eating them assuming it's ok but still not feeling good after. Of course it could be any one of the other 561486745 issues involved w/celiac, but I thought I'd get some feedback before cutting them out.

I've had problems with Sun Maid raisins and any chocolate covered ones. However, I've had Glutino raisin bread and don't have a problem. :huh: Go figure.

They give me problems too. I thought it was because of the high sugar content though? last time I ate them I got severe intestinal pain..could be because I ate so many though! <_<

I've had problems with SunMaid raisins too. I don't know why they bother me though.

my son has problem with raisins due to high histamine in raisins

i had no prombles with rasins

Raisins can work as a laxative, and give you gas, all by themselves without any help from any gluten. :) When you think about it, raisins are dried grapes, they're really a very condensed form of fruit. They also contain a lot of sugar which can also be a problem for some.

Pauliina

Thanks so much for the responses -- they have been a big help.

I have trouble with raisins, too. I can't remember what exactly it is, but grapes, pears, etc have something in them that can be hard to digest and raisins are super concentrated grapes. For the most part I stay away from them, but I'm able to tolerate them better now that I'm gluten-free.