This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Arrowhead Pancake Mix

jkmunchkin

jkmunchkin Rising Star

Has anyone tried this? It seems they have 2 varieties that are gluten free. One that says Wild Rice pancake mix on the package and the other just says Gluten Free Pancake Mix on the package. I'm inquiring about the one that says gluten-free on the package.

I tried Pamela's when I was first diagnosed and hated it; and pretty much resigned to never having pancakes again. But someone was telling me about this yesterday.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mouth Enthusiast
Has anyone tried this? It seems they have 2 varieties that are gluten free. One that says Wild Rice pancake mix on the package and the other just says Gluten Free Pancake Mix on the package. I'm inquiring about the one that says gluten-free on the package.

I tried Pamela's when I was first diagnosed and hated it; and pretty much resigned to never having pancakes again. But someone was telling me about this yesterday.

mouth Enthusiast

HI I just tried the arrowhead gluten-free pancake mix for the first time last week. It was very thick, and heavy, and I am not the greatest cook, but they give you lots of different choices on how to make it. Like I used milk, next time I will try to use water instead. My daughter said they were pretty good, but we are new to this. good luck.

Ps. if you call or emailthem, they will send you coupons. :D

babyofthefamily Newbie

I've tried Arrowhead Pancake Mix and was not thrilled in the least with this product. I was newly diagnosed at the time and was highly disappointed in the results. I thought I'd never again enjoy pancakes, but have since have found out "if at first you don't succeed..."

Bob's Red Mill makes a pretty darn good pancake mix. Give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Margie

jerseyangel Proficient

I haven't tried their pancake mix, but I made pancakes fron their baking mix, and they tasted like cardboard.

We love the Gluten Free Pantry pancake mix :)

Ms. Rosy Newbie

I've never tried Arrowhead Mills pancake mix. However, we use Maple Grove Farms and it's very good. They are light and have a nice, sweet flavor. Just make sure you don't flip them over too soon as they will fall apart. (Their syrup is also very good.)

happygirl Collaborator

JK-

Did you end up trying the AM pancake mix? I have never tried it...and would be interested.

I use Bob's RM pancake mix with great success!!

L

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I really enjoy the Gluten Free Pantry mix, I did not care for the Pamela's either.

Mango04 Enthusiast

I LOVE Arrowhead Mills pankcake mix! I add rice milk, honey and egg, and it is so good! I've never bothered to try any other brand of gluten-free pancakes because I like it so much :D

jkmunchkin Rising Star
JK-

Did you end up trying the AM pancake mix? I have never tried it...and would be interested.

I use Bob's RM pancake mix with great success!!

L

I didn't end up trying it. I'm actually now thinking of trying the one by Authentic Foods. But Bob's RM seems to be getting a lot of thumbs up... hmmmmm.

Is anyone finding it as funny (and kinda pathetic) as me that I've now spent a week and a half debating about pancake mix?!! ;)

jerseyangel Proficient
Is anyone finding it as funny (and kinda pathetic) as me that I've now spent a week and a half debating about pancake mix?!! ;)

If anyone understands that, it's us :lol:

Hope you are successful in your quest for the perfect pancake :D

jkmunchkin Rising Star
If anyone understands that, it's us :lol:

LOL - I know!!! I think this may need to be added to the "you know you're a celiac if" list. ;)

Tritty Rookie

I just tried Bob's and they were really good. My kids even ate them. My husband raved about them - which I thought was odd - they were good, but not your typical pancake. He grew up on a farm though, and they have a much heavier kind of corn feel to them. He doesn't have to be gluten free - but is enjoying all of the meat, potatos, veggies and cornmeal type foods I'm leaning towards :)

THey actually freeze really well too. I put some in the freezer and will pull them out and microwave them for about 45 seconds. Taste the same as they did first time around :)

Aizlynn Rookie

Well none of them are like the real thing anymore, especially if you can't mix them with cow's milk. I Have tried a few diff kinds, and found that rice milk and adding maple syrup and a bit of vanilla extract to any batter just makes it taste better :) even my kid will eat it!

casnco Enthusiast

HATE Arrowhead! Gross! just not light and fluffy. Sorry my only recommendation is Pamela's. I LOVE them. They are light and fluffy. My sister in law and her grandchildren went out and bought the mix after I served them for Christmas Brunch.

Archived