Blood Test For Celiac
Posted 13 September 2004 - 06:10 PM
1) Would that test be accurate since he wasn't consuming gluten?
2) How much gluten do you have to be consuming when you have the test done?
3) For those of you with Celiac, how much ingested gluten will cause you to have a reaction? My son seems to react after stealing a handful of cereal.
Posted 14 September 2004 - 03:46 AM
1. No, doubt it was accurate.
2. Answers vary -
3. This varies for individuals but for many definitely enough gluten in handful of cereal to cause a reaction.
If you have seen improvement with the gluten-free diet, I would stick with it. Your son may be gluten sensitive or intolerant (not quite sure the difference myself) but not have intestinal damage or not have it yet which means most docs will not diagnose as celiac disease.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users