Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Trix Cereal Gluten Free?

4 posts in this topic

I just purchased some Trix cereal and noticed the "new shape" and formula does not seem to contain gluten. Tried it today............tastes great and no problems so far!!!

Ads by Google:

hmm - this was the only thing I could find about it - from the Clan Thompson Celiac website:

September 5, 2006:

Trix Cereal (regular): General Mills has reformulated this cereal and new boxes now contain gluten. Read the label. If wheat starch is listed as an ingredient, it is NOT GLUTEN FREE. If there is no wheat starch on the label, it's part of the old formulation (which may be on the shelves for the next half year) and it is gluten free.

I just purchased some Trix cereal and noticed the "new shape" and formula does not seem to contain gluten. Tried it today............tastes great and no problems so far!!!

HI, I called about the TRIX cereal for my daughter, at this time they say it is gluten free. I just wish I could find more, other than ones labeled gluten-free from Whole foods. She doesn't like many of them.

I just bought some. Both the old and new packages appeared to be gluten free. Daughter preferred the shape of the old ones. They look like flowers. She ate some and had no problems.