3 replies to this topic

#1 JayT

JayT

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:05 AM

I just purchased some Trix cereal and noticed the "new shape" and formula does not seem to contain gluten. Tried it today............tastes great and no problems so far!!!
Dx and Gluten Free since 1996

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LisaJ

LisaJ

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 12:08 PM

hmm - this was the only thing I could find about it - from the Clan Thompson Celiac website:

September 5, 2006:

Trix Cereal (regular): General Mills has reformulated this cereal and new boxes now contain gluten. Read the label. If wheat starch is listed as an ingredient, it is NOT GLUTEN FREE. If there is no wheat starch on the label, it's part of the old formulation (which may be on the shelves for the next half year) and it is gluten free.
Lisa

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" -St. Augustine

#3 mouth

mouth

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:06 PM

I just purchased some Trix cereal and noticed the "new shape" and formula does not seem to contain gluten. Tried it today............tastes great and no problems so far!!!

HI, I called about the TRIX cereal for my daughter, at this time they say it is gluten free. I just wish I could find more, other than ones labeled gluten-free from Whole foods. She doesn't like many of them.
Eat Well To Stay Well
Daughter Dx'd Celiac Jan 2007
Dx'd Aspergers June 2009

#4 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:35 PM

I just bought some. Both the old and new packages appeared to be gluten free. Daughter preferred the shape of the old ones. They look like flowers. She ate some and had no problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: