26 replies to this topic

#1 CMCM

CMCM

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:21 PM

I was just reading the latest issue of Elle...big article on Jessica Simpson, which mentioned that she'd gotten really sick last year with intestinal bleeding....and discovere that among other "allergies", she was allergic to wheat. I don't know if that means wheat allergy, or rather, something like gluten sensitivity and celiac disease.
CAROLE

-------------
Enterolab 1/2006
IgA & tTg Positive
DQ2-0201 (celiac) and DQ1-0604 (gluten)
Casein IgA positive
Mom has 2 celiac genes
Both kids have a celiac gene.
Lots of celiac disease in my family, both sides.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen

That Crazy Canuck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:29 PM

Wow! That would be another coup for us celiacs if she was! Well, I guess she better not eat any of those pizzas she advertises for Pizza Hut!
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

#3 Nantzie

Nantzie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:58 PM

Wow. It certainly sounds possible. Maybe it will develop into Pizza Hut learning more about it.

Nancy
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
~Chinese Proverb

#4 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 07:56 AM

Could be--I remember Elizabeth Hasselbeck referred to her Celiac as a "wheat allergy" for quite a while before she announced on the show that she had Celiac.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#5 gfp

gfp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:50 AM

I always worried about the whole family they should get checked out for hepatites and liver function. I mean they are yellow :ph34r: or is this another Simpson family? :P
Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)

#6 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:58 AM

I always worried about the whole family they should get checked out for hepatites and liver function. I mean they are yellow :ph34r: or is this another Simpson family? :P

:lol: do you think the tanning spray contains gluten?
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#7 gfp

gfp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 09:03 AM

:lol: do you think the tanning spray contains gluten?

Perhaps or maybe its the donuts ?
Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)

#8 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 09:27 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or I should say doh! :P
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#9 bluejeangirl

bluejeangirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 10:56 AM

I watched a few of the newlywed shows and remember one where she was just coming off a diet (low carb) so she would lose weight to film the dukes movie. She was with Nick eating at a restaurant and having a big plate of pasta and she was so excited to be eating carbs. She got full really fast and all night she complained she had gas. She was rolling around and couldn't sit still. She was drinking maloxx I think to get the gas to escape. Then they ending the show with her farting loud and long and Nick couldn't believe something like that would come out such a pretty little girl. lol It was funny but you could tell she was in pain. I understand it but I don't think alot of people do.

Gail
Gluten Free since Jan. 06
Gluten intolerant. DQ 0301 DQ 0602
Lactose intolerant.

#10 VegasCeliacBuckeye

VegasCeliacBuckeye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:46 PM

From Foxnews.com

"Pop princess Jessica Simpson recently visited an allergist when feeling not-so “Irresistible” after a meal, and was told by her doctor that she was allergic to pretty much everything on one of her fave foods, pizza.

Not only does Simpson have to blow a “Sweet Kiss” goodbye to cheese, tomato, wheat and hot peppers, but she’s also been warned to steer clear of coffee, chocolate and corn.

One wonders if Jess was sitting beside a spit-bucket when swarming over a slice of Pizza Hut’s pepperoni cheese-filled crust pizza during the recent Super Bowl commercial.

A spokesperson for the fast-food chain recently admitted to Elle magazine that the singer is in fact allergic to cheese.

Well, thank God she isn’t allergic to tuna. Or is it chicken?"

#11 chad from fla

chad from fla

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:02 PM

Since we're all talking about The Simpsons, is anyone else doing a Nelson "HA-hah!" over this?

I mean I don't wish any gastrointestinal disease on Jessica or anything. I just find it so deliciously amusing that Pizza Hut's main spokesperson can't even eat their product. It's just...funny.

Plus it's nice that we actually might have a real celebrity among us who is actually famous and stuff. Hasselbeck isn't exactly what I'd call "high profile."

#12 heathen

heathen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:02 PM

yes, but what hasselbeck lacks in fame, miss simpson lacks in... sense, shall we say. if she becomes an informed patient, great. if she doesn't, she could actually hurt more than help.
Diagnosed Celiac in February 2006
Villus blunting and positive blood test

#13 babygirl1234

babygirl1234

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:09 PM

then she wont be doing anymore pizza hunt com anymore i take it :P :P

#14 jayhawkmom

jayhawkmom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:12 PM

yes, but what hasselbeck lacks in fame, miss simpson lacks in... sense, shall we say. if she becomes an informed patient, great. if she doesn't, she could actually hurt more than help.

OMG, that's exactly what I was thinking. She's SOO dumb, she would not be the best person to help the world understand the necessity for this particular lifestyle.

I'm quite certain she'll never be required to read a label or cook her own food, so - it won't be any "real" big deal for her.
Jayhawkmom -
Mom of three....
Jay - 11
Bean - 8
Ian - 3

#15 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:20 PM

Perhaps or maybe its the donuts ?

:lol: OMG I think our friend Steve (GFP) across the pond really does think we're talking about the cartoon Simpson family? yes they are orange...but Jessica is a little orange also...... :lol:

OMG, that's exactly what I was thinking. She's SOO dumb, she would not be the best person to help the world understand the necessity for this particular lifestyle.

I know.....plus she looks fabulous - I mean - - doesn't look sickly or anytyhing, and would be a terrible spokesperson and atypical example of the affects of Celiac......horrors......

you know what, we need someone really famous and older, like......Jack Nicholson or....Barbra Steisand? or something.....to realize the ravages of Celiac.....lose a couple of years of his/her life to illness, and THEN talk about it.......
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: