26 replies to this topic

#16 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:55 AM

I used to flip through and catch Newlyweds every now and again, in the beginning I liked her music, but what turned me off was the day she bought the 5000 sheets, (even Nick wanted to know why she had to pay so much for them) and she wanted to wash them and couldn't figure out how to work the washing machine :blink: I honestly always thought people were joking about the chicken/tuna thing as it was a joke on the show.
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 chad from fla

chad from fla

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:25 AM

yes, but what hasselbeck lacks in fame, miss simpson lacks in... sense, shall we say. if she becomes an informed patient, great. if she doesn't, she could actually hurt more than help.

Hasselbeck is just as dumb. She once said that if gays were allowed to marry each other then people would start marrying their toasters. Um, yeah. I've always wanted to marry my Black and Decker Toaster Oven but thank god the Christian Right is saving me from myself!

Rumor has it that Hasselbeck is really only on The View (as the "conservative voice") because she's so stupid and innarticulate, she only makes her left-leaning co-hosts seem smarter by comparison when an issue is discussed.

The point is mute anyway. Yes, Jessica is an idiot too, but her having Celiac could only help. Even Michael Jackson helped a lot of people with Vitilago (am I spelling that right?) by telling Oprah that he had it and that's why he has to bleach his skin. Sure, none of us believed that Michael Jackson had to bleach his skin THAT PALE because of a medical condition (anymore than we believed that Macauley Culkin was going over to the the Neverland Ranch just to play pinball) but it got the disease discussed and now lots of people know what it is. Before it had been virtually unheard of.

#18 katrinamaria

katrinamaria

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:52 PM

i actually just heard about this on the radio when i was getting ready this morning...looks like a lot of people heard about it! :)

the report i heard was "blah blah i guess jessica simpson won't be doing any more pizza hut commercials because she has an allergy to wheat, tomatoes and cheese." i'm sorry i don't really like her so my first reaction was omg...yeah right *eye rolling* but i guess if people heard it from difference sources maybe it is more plausible. can you really be allergic to just cheese? or is it dairy or something... that's what made me wonder.

but yeah i agree, she is dumb and if people hear about this and then are like oh jessica simpson looks so great maybe i should go wheat free as a "diet" which i'm sorry maybe it's selfish but i think it's an insult. my friend's mom (who is just...don't get me started...) recently decided to eat "wheat free" as a weight less diet and i find it an insult!! she wouldn't even have known what it was until i went gluten-free a year or 2 ago. it's like she just give up wheat on a whim and it's nothing. it is NOT like that! it's hard!! it's not a choice so i can loose weight! besides i saw her eating a "spinach wrap" the other day...seriously you think that's just made of spinach?!? i'm sorry that was a little off topic, but i needed to vent because it makes me really irritated... ;)

#19 heathen

heathen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:02 PM

Hasselbeck is just as dumb. She once said that if gays were allowed to marry each other then people would start marrying their toasters. Um, yeah. I've always wanted to marry my Black and Decker Toaster Oven but thank god the Christian Right is saving me from myself!

Rumor has it that Hasselbeck is really only on The View (as the "conservative voice") because she's so stupid and innarticulate, she only makes her left-leaning co-hosts seem smarter by comparison when an issue is discussed.

The point is mute anyway. Yes, Jessica is an idiot too, but her having Celiac could only help. Even Michael Jackson helped a lot of people with Vitilago (am I spelling that right?) by telling Oprah that he had it and that's why he has to bleach his skin. Sure, none of us believed that Michael Jackson had to bleach his skin THAT PALE because of a medical condition (anymore than we believed that Macauley Culkin was going over to the the Neverland Ranch just to play pinball) but it got the disease discussed and now lots of people know what it is. Before it had been virtually unheard of.

yes, she's not much better. but at least she has the pretense of intelligence. jessica simpson is a joke.
Diagnosed Celiac in February 2006
Villus blunting and positive blood test

#20 Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen

That Crazy Canuck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:22 PM

I was just reading the latest issue of Elle...big article on Jessica Simpson, which mentioned that she'd gotten really sick last year with intestinal bleeding....and discovere that among other "allergies", she was allergic to wheat. I don't know if that means wheat allergy, or rather, something like gluten sensitivity and celiac disease.

Well, at least now she has an excuse for being so ditzy! BRAIN FOG!!!!!

:lol:
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

#21 prinsessa

prinsessa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:45 AM

LOL....I was thinking the same thing! Maybe she will become a genius after going gluten free :lol:

#22 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:55 AM

You know, I have a very evil thought... Perhaps Jessica Simpson is "allergic to wheat, cheese, and tomatoes" so that she can bow out of her contract with Pizza Hut. Maybe she just got a better offer and down the road her allergies will mysteriously disappear. I'm not trying to offend anyone, just a thought.
~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

#23 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:15 PM

Yeah...and in this case she could be the *perfect* spokesperson for Celiac and the effects of gluten on the brain. :lol:

ROFL... :lol: :lol:

Maybe she is even dumber than Jessica!! :blink:
Rachel

#24 Guest_The Weasel_*

Guest_The Weasel_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:43 AM

Since we're all talking about The Simpsons, is anyone else doing a Nelson "HA-hah!" over this?

I mean I don't wish any gastrointestinal disease on Jessica or anything. I just find it so deliciously amusing that Pizza Hut's main spokesperson can't even eat their product. It's just...funny.

Plus it's nice that we actually might have a real celebrity among us who is actually famous and stuff. Hasselbeck isn't exactly what I'd call "high profile."

I found it more amusing that although she was the Pizza Hut spokes person every time there was a pizza box in the background of the show (no matter how well they bleeped it out) it was a Domino's box. Haha.

#25 jkmunchkin

jkmunchkin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:07 PM

ROFLMAO!!!! I am going to die I'm laughing so hard. This post is genius!

As for JS having celiac, I agree, she may be dumber than a chicken mcnugget, but still it can only help.
Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy
Inflamed stomach lining
Gluten free since July 6, 2005
Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

#26 Jo.R

Jo.R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:59 PM

but yeah i agree, she is dumb and if people hear about this and then are like oh jessica simpson looks so great maybe i should go wheat free as a "diet" which i'm sorry maybe it's selfish but i think it's an insult. my friend's mom (who is just...don't get me started...) recently decided to eat "wheat free" as a weight less diet and i find it an insult!! she wouldn't even have known what it was until i went gluten-free a year or 2 ago. it's like she just give up wheat on a whim and it's nothing. it is NOT like that! it's hard!! it's not a choice so i can loose weight! besides i saw her eating a "spinach wrap" the other day...seriously you think that's just made of spinach?!? i'm sorry that was a little off topic, but i needed to vent because it makes me really irritated... ;)

It may be insulting but if it became a fad diet more companies would make stuff gluten free and better tasting. Just look what happened with the Atkins diet.
Stomach problems began November of 2005
Gall bladder removed April 2006
Positive Blood test October 2006
Refused endoscope
Gluten-free since January 21, 2007
Positive reaction to diet

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21b

#27 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:02 PM

JUST GOOGLED jessica simpson & CELIAC AND I HOPE THE POOR GIRL DOESN'T READ THIS THREAD :ph34r:
BUT THEN AGAIN...MAYBE SHE WILL BUT STILL WON'T '''''GET IT''''
:ph34r: THINK I'D BETTER CALL IT A DAY AS THIS IS KINDA MEAN SPIRITED...SORRY JESSICA...WE FEEL YOU PAIN HERE.
Judy in Southern CA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: