nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:04 AM

Hi reyhan and welcome!!!
Keep reading :)

How do you find being gluten-free in Turkey???
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Viola 1

Viola 1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:17 PM

Welcome SerahLily! I'm new here to. I just de-lurked :ph34r:

:lol: perhaps we can start our own dictionary ... it can start with de-lurked :lol: Good one hershey!

Oh my gosh, we are getting lots of fun newbies (yes, that will be in the dictionary too) on the board. Welcome reyhan! Does Turkey have a lot of gluten free products?
Shirley

[Save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

#18 reyhan

reyhan

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:29 AM

:lol: perhaps we can start our own dictionary ... it can start with de-lurked :lol: Good one hershey!

Oh my gosh, we are getting lots of fun newbies (yes, that will be in the dictionary too) on the board. Welcome reyhan! Does Turkey have a lot of gluten free products?

thanks nikki and viola,first of all sory for my english :rolleyes: no we don't have much gluten-free products ,we have only bread (our civil government provides daily bread for celiac disease ) ,macaroni,spaghetti and biscuit ,and 1 patisserie :P already shop owner has a celiac disaster
when I saw gluten free products on the internet I just said wowww , almost nothing in here :P

#19 RiceAddict

RiceAddict

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:54 AM

reyhan,

I know I sent you a PM already, but will comment here as well. Welcome to the list. I will be visiting Istanbul in November, I know it is a long time to wait but I will bring you something good and gluten-free from the states. Are there strict customs laws regarding food? I know some countries are quite strict, but most processed and packaged food should be alright.

What is patisserie?

#20 HealingIrish

HealingIrish

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:03 PM

Hi there, newbies and long-timers alike! I'm new as well, and relatively new to being gluten free (a month, and then three days since finding out wheat/gluten is the problem).

Looking forward to getting to know you

#21 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

Hi there, newbies and long-timers alike! I'm new as well, and relatively new to being gluten free (a month, and then three days since finding out wheat/gluten is the problem).

Looking forward to getting to know you

Welcome to the Club

There are some really great people here with an immense amount of knowledge. You are in good company. Feel free to ask away. It is always difficult in the beginning.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#22 simplicity66

simplicity66

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:15 PM

Welcome to the forum....you have came across a great tool that you can use to try to make each day the best that we all can....(newbie as of Feb 16/07)...if it wasnt for this site i would be lost right now !!! welcome aboard!!!

#23 lazybug80

lazybug80

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

thanks nikki and viola,first of all sory for my english :rolleyes: no we don't have much gluten-free products ,we have only bread (our civil government provides daily bread for celiac disease ) ,macaroni,spaghetti and biscuit ,and 1 patisserie :P already shop owner has a celiac disaster
when I saw gluten free products on the internet I just said wowww , almost nothing in here :P

Hi I see this is an older post but I was wondering where I can find these gluten free products in Istanbul. Are gluten free products available at the super marker or somewhere else? Is there a possible link?

#24 Purpletulip

Purpletulip

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hello everyone I was diagnosed four days ago. Thank God they finally found what was wrong. It had been over 6 months and they couldn't figure it out. And finally Dr. Kahla did the right test. I'm kinda of in denial, but know I need to go on gluten-free diet, just going to take time to get used to it :)

#25 RuskitD

RuskitD

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

SerahLily & reyhan !!!! Its my pleasure to meet you! I am sure you will find all the answers you seek here! I sure did!!!

~hoping your recovery is speedy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: