This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

American Idol Fans?

blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

How many of us here are American Idol fans?

This year was the first year John and I got into it, we have always worked 2nd shift up until recently.

What did you guys think of last night? It was the top 12 guys?

I really liked the last guy, who sang the Edwin Mccain song.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guhlia Rising Star

We're HUGE Idol fans. We've been following it since the first season. This year our favorites are Chris Sligh, Chris Richardson, and Blake Lewis. Blake was incredible last night. He blew me away. We do like Phil Stacey and Sundance Head, but I think poor Sundance is headed home after last night. :(

Wow, I'm not coming off as a fanatic, am I? :)

I can't wait to see the girls tonight. I didn't think any of them other than Gina were memorable from the auditions. AND I CAN'T STAND ANTONELLA!!! She's so stuck up and stuck on herself.

Tritty Rookie

I just watched it this morning with the kids (I LOVE DVR!!). They love to dance to it - my 3 year old told me he didn't like Sundance - that he sounded funny :) I thought that was hilarious...

I really liked Phil - he and Blake were my favorites from last night.

I can't wait for the girls :)

lonewolf Collaborator

Blake and Brandon were our favorites. Blake is from my hometown - BOTHELL, not Seattle, so we are rooting for him. Sanjaya is from the town I live in now, but I think he's headed home soon. Too bad - he's got a good voice, but he's too young. Sundance is headed home first, I think.

I too think Sundance might be going home. We liked the Be-booper or whatever they called him. I also liked the guy with the poofy hair and glasses. I forget their names.

I really enjoyed the first singer, I do think it was because of the song. I noticed last night, there was a lot of slow songs. I am hoping the girls will be a little more exciting tonight.

The Ryan and Simon spat was pretty funny though.

Cottage-Soul Apprentice

I've been an Idol fan since season 1! My favorites so far are Blake and Phil (dreamy eyes!). Chris and Brandon were good too.

Open Original Shared Link

bluejeangirl Contributor

I only watched the last hour of it but I liked the guy who had blond hair and wore it spiked up. His voice was so smooth.

I love American Idol but I don't always get to see it. I didn't see the show last week so I don't know the names yet.

Gail

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guhlia Rising Star

Gail and Amanda, that's Blake, the beat boxer with the spiked up blonde hair. I think, depending on the girls' performances, he has a good chance of winning this year if he's consistent. I really like Chris Sligh though, the chubby kid with the afro. He cracks me up. Read his profile on americanidol.com. It's hilarious.

I didn't understand why Simon said it was uncomfortable though... Can anyone fill me in? I thought it was GREAT how Chris insulted Simon about the Teletubbies!!! I laughed so hard!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

I've never seen the show :ph34r: , but I love Josh Gracin--I know he was a finalist a few years ago. What a cutie-patoote :D

de caps Contributor

I have been watching and enjoying this show since season two. My kids are also into it. They want to vote and they're only 7, 4, and 2.

I'm a fan of Kelly Clarkson but I never watched her on Idol. I wish I had.

I think so far that Blake and Nick Pedro are doing well.

I hope tonite's show is better. To many slow songs last night.

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

I'm a big fan too... only started watching 2 seasons ago, this being my 3rd.

I really like Chris Sligh - the guy with the great sense of humor. I also like Phil Stacy.

I love Simon... and while I know that he's not always a nice guy, last night he was exceptionally "mean" and I was irritated by him.

Jo.R Contributor

I became a big fan two years ago because of Bo Bice, and then last year because of Chris Daughtry. I love the rock and roll. So, I must say I'm not very excited this year. Although I'm still watching it because Blake Lewis is interesting with his style, and I also like Chris Sligh, he is funny and has a great voice. Even though I like these guys I was so board last night. The songs were too boring. I agreed with Simon about so many being forgetable. I'm not a big fan of the judges, Randy is better this year, Paula is a fruitcake, and acts like a middle school girl with a crush half the time. Simon would be my favorit if he would make nasty personal remarks that are uncalled for (say that guy looks like a bush baby and so on).

I hope the girls are more exciting tonight, and I hope some of the guys pick some more rock and roll tunes.

angel-jd1 Community Regular

A lady who posted on here (about the time idol season started), said her nephew is Sundance Head. I was hoping he was celiac and would make it big and help bring awareness for us :P

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Just went and looked back to see who is Sundances Aunt. It is....... Betty in Texas

Tritty Rookie
I just watched it this morning with the kids (I LOVE DVR!!). They love to dance to it - my 3 year old told me he didn't like Sundance - that he sounded funny :) I thought that was hilarious...

I really liked Phil - he and Blake were my favorites from last night.

I can't wait for the girls :)

In that case I should clarify as to not offend Betty! I loved Sundance's audition and thought it was hilarious that me 3 year old told me he sounded funny - b/c for a 3 year old to have an opinion about it - especially when he danced and jumped and sang through the whole thing - just struck me as funny - that he was critiquing them :)

I also really like Chris - can't wait to watch my DVR of the girls :)

Jo.R Contributor

Last night was so much better! I'm surprised, because it's usually the girls who bore me. This just might be an interesting year.

Guhlia Rising Star
Last night was so much better! I'm surprised, because it's usually the girls who bore me. This just might be an interesting year.

I agree. Last night was great. We especially like Melinda and LaKisha. They are both so talented. It's a shame that they both have such low self esteem. I don't know how far they'll get if they don't come out of their shells. I really like Gina too, but I don't know that she has what it takes to go far. I hope she makes it to the top 12.

It's such a shame that they're keeping things even between the genders. It seems kind of unfair for the girls since they did SO well compared to the boys. Though, I have to admit, Blake's performance absolutely melted me. It was so effortless.

Last night I missed the first few girls because I was working at the lab until after 8. Of the ones I did see, I liked Gina and Nicole.

lonewolf Collaborator

Our favorites were Stephanie, Jordin, Melinda and Lakisha. The girls were so much better than most of the guys! We're predicting that a girl will win it this year, although Blake or Brandon might surprise us.

Guhlia Rising Star

Blake had me so mesmerized for his whole song on Tuesday night, he could definitely win if he can keep things up. He made it look so effortless too. Plus, he's not bad to look at, if ya know what I mean...

I totally forgot about Jordin. She has a lot of potential. I definitely think it's going to come down to mostly girls at the end of things unless the boys really step up their program.

I have to say that most of the guys bored me that night, I think it was mostly song choice, they were all such low, monotone songs... There were a few guys I liked and they kept my attention. I was able to keep attention to the girls much better. Some of their voices are great.

bluejeangirl Contributor

I have to agree Melinda and Lakisha rocked last night. Lakisha looked like she even surprised herself. She looked confident while she was singing but after that she got so quiet. If I could sing like that I sure wouldn't be working as a bank teller (I think thats what she does)

On the View today they showed a clip of Blake singing again. Elizabeth is all ga ga over him. I hope he records that song someday because he sings it so well I just love it. Can you download it?

Gail

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I got into it last season because of Chris Daughtry (I like the rock n' roll), and so far it's not bad this season. I'm not sure if I have any favorites yet, but I like the be-bop guy. Some of the woman are amazing too.

Yea!!! Phil and Blake are staying!!! Gina too!!

lonewolf Collaborator
Yea!!! Phil and Blake are staying!!! Gina too!!

You must live further east than I do. It doesn't come on for 45 more minutes here.

Can you help me with a little joke on my kids? Which 2 guys and which 2 girls get voted off? I'd love to be able to be "right" when I predict it at the beginning of the show. My kids would think I'm so smart! I wouldn't consider it a spoiler. I'm guessing Sundance and Sanjaya, Antonella and Nicole.

lonewolf Collaborator

Anyone?

Archived