488 replies to this topic

#346 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:23 AM

I actually didn't really care for Phil's performance, though much better than some other weeks. I think LaKisha may go this week... She really just isn't cutting it anymore. I actually think that Jordin may pull off the win this year! She's definitely coming from the underdog position, but I think she may pull it off. She went from mediocre to excellent and that's what America loves to see. Plus, she's young, adorable, and funny. Unless Blake really steps up his game, he'll be voted out first from the top 3. :(

Amanda, Blake sang John Lennon's Imagine. It was good, but not amazing. LaKisha sang I Believe by Fantasia and it just didn't sit well with the judges. Phil sang a Garth Brooks song, can't remember which one, but the judges gave him rave reviews. I didn't really like it, he had a strange tone to his voice. I don't know what Chris sang, but he finally overcame the nasal thing and sang in his real voice. It wasn't bad, it didn't annoy me. I can't remember what Jordin sang either, but WOW! That girl is just phenomenal. She sang one of those songs that build up into a phenomenal end and she did really well with it. Oh, and Simon told Chris he was sexy. HA! Oh, and some company pledged 10 cents for every vote up until they reached $5 million!
~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#347 Tritty

Tritty

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:51 AM

Chris sang a song by James Taylor I think...
I think Jordin is a shoe in! My husband has been saying since week 3 that she's going to win...
Tritty (my childhood nickname....)
Age 31, Mommy of 3
Blood test positive for celiac 1/16/07
gluten-free since 1/16/07
Endoscopy 2/13/07 - small hiatal hernia, scalloped mucosa in 1st and 2nd part of duodenum, some erosion of the esophogus.
Two oldest kids - fine so far :)
My 17 mo old has eosinophilic esophogitis. Only showing milk allergy? So completely off dairy for time being to see if that is trigger...

#348 Jo.R

Jo.R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:54 AM

I didn't get to watch last night, had to go to a baby shower, but my bf recorded it so this afternoon we will watch it. As much as I like Blake and want to see him win I don't think he will, but I bet he gets a recording contract. Does anyone else think he kinda looks like a good looking Elmer Fud?
Stomach problems began November of 2005
Gall bladder removed April 2006
Positive Blood test October 2006
Refused endoscope
Gluten-free since January 21, 2007
Positive reaction to diet

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21b

#349 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:15 AM

Thanks for the update everyone! I really like Jordin too. She is very pretty. She has energy too.
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#350 HawkFire

HawkFire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:18 AM

Chris sang a song by James Taylor I think...
I think Jordin is a shoe in! My husband has been saying since week 3 that she's going to win...

Chris's song was by Eric Clapton. I have that song by him on my ipod.
The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

#351 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:16 PM

I am hoping to catch the show tonight. I have to pack. I am going away to my parents house, hopefully my niece will be born Tomorrow. My sister is dilated 1 cm. I am so excited!!!! Plus I have errands to run tonight. My mom missed Jordin last night and she was disappointed in that.

Posted Image

#352 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:06 PM

Is anyone else really irritated by how tonight's show ended? That was just plain wrong to do to the youngest contestant on the show. I think it was cruel.
~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

#353 Jo.R

Jo.R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:15 PM

I agree, and I'm ticked that I stayed up past my bed time for that.
Stomach problems began November of 2005
Gall bladder removed April 2006
Positive Blood test October 2006
Refused endoscope
Gluten-free since January 21, 2007
Positive reaction to diet

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21b

#354 Cheri A

Cheri A

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:29 AM

Oh, good. I'm glad that I'm not the only ones that doesn't like what they did last night!! That was just not right!!

AFA the rest of the show, I really enjoyed the singing. I was sobbing through a lot of the tape of the kids and people in Africa. So sad!! My kids were really affected by the 12 year old boy and his sister who are orphans and on their own. Carleigh said "I couldn't do that, Mommy. I can't cook my own bread and food."
Mom of:
Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.
Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

#355 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:54 AM

I missed out, who went home? I hope it wasn't Jordin.

Posted Image

#356 Cheri A

Cheri A

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:56 AM

Forgot to add:

Amanda ~ have a safe and wonderful trip! How exciting for your family!! Prayers for your sister to have a safe delivery!! I just LOVE babies!! :D
Mom of:
Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

#357 Cheri A

Cheri A

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:57 AM

Noone went home last night ~ but Ryan had everyone stand and declared them safe one by one until it was only Chris and Jordin left. Then he said that because it was a charity night noone was going home. Next week the bottom 2 will go home though.
Mom of:

#358 confused

confused

Just cause i cant have gluten doesnt mean im dying

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:05 AM

I had a feeling that no one was going to go home, when he kept saying tonights results are going to shock you, then when he just had then stand one by one, i was like nope no one is going to go home tonight. I actually even think the contestants knew this to.

It will be sad to see 2 go home next week.

I cried for most of the show to, it is so sad to see all of those poor people and all those people affected by AIds.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free
on low carb/low sugar diet

#359 dlp252

dlp252

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:53 AM

Okay, so I didn't watch much of the show, but the first thing I thought of when Ryan said it was the most shocking results ever was that Jordan must be going home. That would have been the most shocking result I could think of and you're saying they made her go last???!!! How awful!!!! That was most certainly planned...I think "whomever" knew that many would probably assume that was what they meant. That totally sucks! I'm glad I didn't watch then, lol. :lol:

#360 HawkFire

HawkFire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:30 AM

I had a feeling that no one was going to go home, when he kept saying tonights results are going to shock you, then when he just had then stand one by one, i was like nope no one is going to go home tonight. I actually even think the contestants knew this to.

It will be sad to see 2 go home next week.

I cried for most of the show to, it is so sad to see all of those poor people and all those people affected by AIds.

paula

I was more upset by the living conditions. I know people are sick and dying and that is very sad, but to be sick and dying in such filth seems even more an insult to the dignity of the person. The endless trash those people are surrounded by was horrible. The huts the little children lived in. I expressed to my children the environment of the children. Where are the playgrounds, the parks, the bikes and colorful toys. For them, they could understand that more than the images of the sick and dying. Two of my children are still too young to appreciate human suffering on the scale presented by the images. My older child- who as an American Teenager has not witnessed such suffering in his life- still can't relate as an adult can, but was more empathetic than the two younger children. We have gone to orphanages in Mexico and brought along gifts to ease suffering... that is what we are capable of as non medical people. So, we have seen the suffering poverty alone brings. It is the ability to comprehend sickness that is difficult. But I know when I am simply ill, I like the comforts of a soft bed, cleanliness, healthy food and drink. That alone, eases some of the suffering. Knowing my children would be cared for were something to happen to me is another source of comfort. I can't imagine being one of those women.
The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: