488 replies to this topic

#376 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:11 AM

Yeah, Amanda, I definitely didn't like Blake's hair color either. He looks SOOOOO much better with the blonde hair.

Did anyone else think that Ford commercial last night was weird? I thought it was right up Blake's alley though. Also, LaKisha looked awesome with the red streaks in her hair. Too bad she didn't keep them in after shooting the commercial. I thought they really made her look kind of sexy and current.
~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#377 HawkFire

HawkFire

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:27 AM

I think Lakiesha should be in movies after AI. She is funny, has a dead pan sense of humor and a great look. I would rather see her than listen to her sing... She sings ok, but I like her more than I like her singing. I am glad blake changed his hair. I think he is too plain looking with the blonde hair. He needs to shake things up. Too many men who are stars never invest in their looks. WOmen have to constantly change hair styles, update trends in style. It is nice to see a male performer who feels the need to shake things up. I like to see a man work as hard as a woman!
The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

#378 de caps

de caps

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:45 PM

I'm a fan of Blake's and I think he might be going home tomorrow. I hope he has enough fans to keep him in. Jordin as usual was great. I hope she goes to the finals.
Celiac Disease 08/05
Osteoporosis 08/05 (age 38 )
Fibromyalgia, Microscopic Colitis, Elevated ANA (1:1280) 09/07
Mom of three. Daughter with gene marker for Celiac. No signs of disease

Donna
Long Island, NY

#379 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:09 AM

I really like Jordin! She has this positive energy that just seems to surround her, she makes you want to watch her.
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#380 Guhlia

Guhlia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:26 AM

Hubby thinks LaKisha will be going home tonight. I'd be happy if he were right, she bores me to tears. I just tune out when she's singing. She chooses the most boring songs. Ugh... I hope that Blake stays. I really enjoy his music. It's really exciting for me to hear what he's going to do. He's so talented. I really wish he would change his hair back though. He just doesn't have the same effect on me with the brown hair.
~Angie~

#381 confused

confused

Just cause i cant have gluten doesnt mean im dying

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:31 AM

I didnt like last night show very much. None of them did an awesome job. I actually hope melinda goes home, i would be so happy. Yes she can sing, but that is all she can do, she cant dance, she cant perform and she cant make me want to buy anything she produces.

I think jordins first song was awesome. I would like for her to win, but im not sure she will. But i do think she will get an record deal no matter what.

I love blake, i like he is original, his songs werent awesome last night, but i still love him, I voted for an hour straight for him last night lol.

I like lakisha, i really dont want her to go home.

I think i will be sad no matter who goes home, unless it is melinda but i doubt that will happen

paula

gluten, casein and soy free
on low carb/low sugar diet

#382 dlp252

dlp252

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:43 AM

I wasn't too impressed with the performances last night...or I should say the songs...I actually didn't WATCH the performances much because I wanted to just hear the songs without any other distractions. I have to honestly say that I don't think I would have bought any of them except for maybe Jordin's first song. That was awesome.

I also really don't like Blake's dark hair...he almost reminded me of peewee herman last night. :P I still really like him though. I do think that he should not do his thing on every single song. That was one of the things I was listening too last night...couldn't imagine buying a C.D where every single song had that on it.

I also think (boy, I'm full of opinions today :lol: -- just ignore me :lol: ) Paula should shorten her comments--the more she talks the more it doesn't make sense sometimes. :P But, I still love her. ;)

Phew, where did all that come from :lol:

#383 Jo.R

Jo.R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:52 AM

Blake is the only reason I'm watching the show, so I really hope he doesn't go home. I hope it's Lakisha. I'm not a big fan of Melinda but at least she's not boring every time. Not once has Lakisha sung and I was interested. Some of it's song choice, but a lot of it is delivery. I doubt Blake can win, so I hope it's Jordin.
Stomach problems began November of 2005
Gall bladder removed April 2006
Positive Blood test October 2006
Refused endoscope
Gluten-free since January 21, 2007
Positive reaction to diet

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21b

#384 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:56 AM

Hubby thinks LaKisha will be going home tonight. I'd be happy if he were right, she bores me to tears. I just tune out when she's singing. She chooses the most boring songs. Ugh... I hope that Blake stays. I really enjoy his music. It's really exciting for me to hear what he's going to do. He's so talented. I really wish he would change his hair back though. He just doesn't have the same effect on me with the brown hair.

I know what you mean, the blonde hair looked great....now he blends in.

Posted Image

#385 Guhlia

Guhlia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:45 AM

I also really don't like Blake's dark hair...he almost reminded me of peewee herman last night.

OMG, you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO right!!! Too bad because he's such a cutie with the blonde hair!
~Angie~

#386 bluejeangirl

bluejeangirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:47 AM

I don't know what it is but Blake has lost my interest. I differently think his hair color makes him look plain and just dull looking. He wasn't great at his first song but I thought he could of easily won over the judges with his second but he choose a song that nobody ever heard of and I always think that's a risk. That set him up for the b-box criticism.

Lakisha is my choice to get the boot tonight. She been hanging on by a thread,...time to take the scissors to it.

Melinda's always good but that's can be boring too, she's to predictable. I like her yet I don't think she'll be a big hit with record sales. She doesn't have that youthfulness about her. She looks like a well preserved 35 year old and isn't that what we got last year with Taylor Hicks. :( I just realized how mean that sounded....sorry.

So my vote goes to Jordin to win now. I always loved her and her first song was great. She was off pitch with the second song but I think she is so young that she probably hasn't heard it that many times. I really think it's between her and Dolittle.

Gail
Gluten Free since Jan. 06
Gluten intolerant. DQ 0301 DQ 0602
Lactose intolerant.

#387 Cheri A

Cheri A

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:59 AM

I didn't care for the BeeGees then or now, lol. Not my favorite night of songs at all.

I thought that Jordin did the best, and she'll be who I root for to win. I agree that it's LaKisha's turn to go home tonight.
Mom of:
Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.
Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

#388 Guhlia

Guhlia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:09 AM

Melinda's always good but that's can be boring too, she's to predictable. I like her yet I don't think she'll be a big hit with record sales. She doesn't have that youthfulness about her. She looks like a well preserved 35 year old and isn't that what we got last year with Taylor Hicks. :( I just realized how mean that sounded....sorry.

Is Taylor Hicks even around anymore? I couldn't stand him last season. I haven't heard any of his stuff on the radio or TV or anything. Granted, he probably doesn't do any of the kinds of music that I like...
~Angie~

#389 dlp252

dlp252

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:31 AM

OMG, you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO right!!! Too bad because he's such a cutie with the blonde hair!

Yep, a little bit of hair grease and he would have been the spittin image. :lol:

I don't know what it is but Blake has lost my interest. I differently think his hair color makes him look plain and just dull looking. He wasn't great at his first song but I thought he could of easily won over the judges with his second but he choose a song that nobody ever heard of and I always think that's a risk. That set him up for the b-box criticism.

I actually really liked the way he did the second song...I'd not heard it before either but I really liked it...too bad the judges didn't. :P

#390 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:34 AM

Lakisha is my choice to get the boot tonight. She been hanging on by a thread,...time to take the scissors to it.

So my vote goes to Jordin to win now. I always loved her and her first song was great. She was off pitch with the second song but I think she is so young that she probably hasn't heard it that many times. I really think it's between her and Dolittle.

Gail

Taylor Hicks annoys me, he looks too old for what he really is. I cannot stand to look at him.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: