Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gastroenteritis, Eosinophilic

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone have this? I received my blood test results back and everything was perfect except for my eosinophil count. The norm is supposed to be between 1 & 5% . . . I had 26%. Eosinophil also relates to asthma and allergies (both of which I think I might have) but there is something called Gastroenteritis Eosinophilic which is when the eosinophils are in the stomach lining and smaller intestines. It can cause a lot of the same symptoms as Celiac such as nausea and the big "D" we all suffer from and even cramping . . . I don't doubt that I have Celiacas well since I tested positive for it a year ago.

I was just curious if anyone has heard of this or if their eosinophil count was also that high. The treatment for it is prednisone which I am not fan of, I've heard too many horror stories.

Ads by Google:

Just adding to information I found on this website:

Immune System Cells May Trigger Food Allergies and Gastrointestinal Inflammation

Copyright

I don't know much about my eosinophil count, but I suppose having them increased is quite a standard in celiac. But, what's more interesting, cetirizini dihydrochloridum allergy pills label says that this stuff can hold the eosinophils back from moving. I took one pill 2 months ago for my pollinosis, and I noticed improvement in my gastro symptoms as well. The improvement was delayed 1-2 days, so I couldn't see the clear connection. Anyway, it could be worth further investigating.

MARK

gluten-free/CF since September 03