This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Another Chinese Restaurant W/ A gluten-free Menu!

jkmunchkin

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I wanted to let everyone know that I just found out about another Chinese restaurant that has a gluten free menu. It is called Gourmetland and they are in NYC. The gluten-free menu is small but heard that they can accomodate almost anything on their menu to be gluten free. Sure enough I decided to call and see because the Ginger Spareribs had be drooling. I spoke with one of the owners, who was an absolute doll, and she assured me that almost anything on their menu can be made gluten-free including the spareribs.

They started the menu after their best friend was diagnosed with celiac and said he desperately missed Chinese food. I talked to her for awhile and she assured me they are pretty much narotic about making sure there is no cross contamination. They really seem very educated about celiac and extremely vigilant about making it a wonderful experience for us.

This isn't their official website but it has the menu.

Open Original Shared Link

I'm supposed to be going to Risotteria for dinner tomorrow night with girlfriends, but I might have to request a change of plans to try this one :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mookie03 Contributor

OMG did you go??? How is it?? I must check it out!!!

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I haven't gone yet. Let's go when you get back from Florida!!!

mookie03 Contributor
I haven't gone yet. Let's go when you get back from Florida!!!

Absolutely!! Cant wait to try it!

• 4 weeks later...
Char Apprentice

Just wanted to say that I went to Gourmetland -- the gluten-free menu had about half a dozen items on it, and the food itself wasn't authentic (i.e. Americanized-Chinese food). But it was really nice to have something with soy sauce in a Chinese restaurant and know that it was safe! And the service was really great -- they seemed to be pretty informed about gluten-free foods.

Archived